Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
Telemedicine is the use of medical information exchanged from one site to another via electronic communications to improve the health status of a patient clinic. Telemedicine encompasses an increasing variety of applications and services using two-way video, email, smart phones, cordless tools and other forms of telecommunication technology. From more than forty years ago, with demonstrations of hospital care to patients in remote areas, the use of Telemedicine spread rapidly and is now integrated into the operations of hospitals, specialized departments, health agencies, private clinics, and homes and workplaces for consumers.
Telemedicine is not a separate medical specialty. Products and services related to telemedicine are often part of a larger investment by health care institutions, whether information technology or the delivery of clinical care. Even in the charge compensation structure, there is usually no distinction between services provided on site and those provided through telemedicine and often no separate coding required for billing of remote services. ATA has historically considered Telemedicine and telehealth as interchangeable terms, which includes a broader definition of remote healthcare. Patient consultation through videoconferencing, transmission of still images, e-health including patient portals, remote monitoring of vital signs, continuing medical education, consumer-focused wireless applications and nursing call centers, among other programs, are considered part of Telemedicine and telehealth.
While the term telehealth is sometimes used to refer to a broader remote healthcare that does not always involve clinical services defined using ATA conditions in the same way can be referred to medicine and health in the vernacular language. Telemedicine is closely linked to the concept of health information technology (HIT). But HIT usually refers to the electronic health record and related information, while Telemedicine refers to the actual delivery of clinical services using remote technology.
The services provided by Telemedicine are Helps to access super specialists and consultants without any delay, to talk with the consultants directly via electronic devices without travelling, to receive the right treatment at right time, Reduces or eliminates the expense and exhaustion of traveling, reduces or eliminates the separation from family members in times of illness, Reduces waiting time for patients. The advantages of Telemedicine are enables effective monitoring of patients with chronic illness, Helpful in follow-up of patients after treatment (the need of repeated traveling to hospital & staying away from home), Cost-effective and Latest medical care for home-bound patients, patients living in rural and remote areas.
OMICS Group International is a unique blend of international conferences and open access publications. OMICS Group was established in the year 2007 with an aim of “Making the information on Sciences and Technology-Open Access” It publishes journals in all aspects of Science, Engineering, Management and Technology; it publishes around 400 online open access journals. OMICS Group organizes International Conferences across the globe. Each conference has people from around the globe, and knowledge is exchanged through symposiums, workshops, poster presentations, by people who are leading researchers, noble prize winners, Educational instructors, Research Scholars, and leading scientists. OMICS Group organizes more than 300 conferences per year.
Conferences Related to Telemedicine :
1) Stanford Medicine X Stanford University, California September 5 – 7 2014
2) American Telemedicine Association Fall Forum Palm Desert, California September 6 – 9 2014
3) First International Workshop on Wireless Solutions for Healthcare Applications Rome, Italy September 8 2014
4) MoWNet'2014: International conference on selected topics in Mobile and Wireless Networking Rome, Italy September 8 – 9 2014
5) International Digital Health and Care Congress London, United Kingdom September 10 – 12 2014
6) Theorising Personal Medical Devices: New Perspectives Cambridge, United Kingdom September 18 – 19 2014
7) SSH: IEEE International Workshop on Service Science for eHealth Natal, Brazil October 15 – 17 2014
8) I Congreso Iberoamericano de Telesalud y Telemedicina Lima, Peru, October 16 – 18 2014
9) The California Association of Health Plans: 29th Annual Conference & Trade Show Huntington Beach, CA October 20 – 22 2014
10) 11th Annual Connected Health Symposium: Engaging Patients and Providers Outside of Traditional Care Settings Boston, MA October 23 – 24 2014
11) A COLLABORATIVE APPROACH TO DIABETES CARE III Tampa, FL October 24 – 25 2014
12) 2nd International Congress on Cardiovascular Technologies (CARDIOTECHNIX 2014) Rome, Italy October 25 – 26 2014
13) Wireless Health 2014 The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland October 29 – 31 2014
14) 4th International Conference on Wireless Mobile Communication and Healthcare: Transforming healthcare through innovations in mobile and wireless technologies Athens, Greece November 3 – 5 2014
15) Telehealth Cornerstone Conference Tallahassee, FL November 19 – 20 2014
16) 6th Asia Pacific Congress on Controversies in Gynecology, Infertility & Ultrasound (COGI) Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam November 20 – 22 2014
17) 2014 mHealth Summit Washington, DC Area December 7 – 11 2014
1) American telemedicine Association
2) Center for telehealth and e-health law
3) International Society for Telemedicine and e-Health
4) Telemedicine Society of India
5) The Royal Society of Medicine
3) Intouch Health - Santa Barbara, CA
4) Alcatel-Lucent – France
5) AMD Telemedicine Inc. – USA
6) Cardiocom – USA, UK
7) Cisco – India
8) Honeywell Hommed – USA
9) International Business Machines Corp. - USA
10) LifeWatch AG – Switzerland, USA
11) Polycome – North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Carribean and Latin America
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on May 25, 2020