Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series Ltd: World’s leading Event Organizer
As per available reports about 58 relevant Journals, 22 Conferences, 25 National symposiums are presently dedicated exclusively to pediatric cardiology and about 1025 articles are being published on pediatric cardiology.
Pediatric Cardiology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the heart be it human or animal. The field includes medical diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology. Physicians who specialize in this field of medicine are called cardiologists, a specialty of internal medicine. Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians who specialize in cardiology. Physicians who specialize in cardiac surgery are called cardiothoracic surgeons or cardiac surgeons, a specialty of general surgery.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and importance:
Paediatric cardiology deals exclusively with heart diseases involving children. It may be surprising for the lay public and even medical fraternity that defects and deviations in the formation of heart forms the commonest congenital malformations . About 8 new-borns out of one thousand live births will have one form of cardiac defects or other, ranging from minor to very complex ones. This would automatically entail fairly bulky health care burden. However it is a paradox that even the best educated are tuned to recognising the existence of cardiac maladies as those afflicting predominantly the adult population. Both the public and private hospitals are readily catering to adult coronary heart diseases, which, albeit being very justifiable sometimes borders on to lucrative economic equations. Neonatologists and general paediatricians’ roles are now on the rise in recognising children with heart problems. An honest third generation paediatrician will readily agree that even a “simple” problem like co arctation of aorta (narrowing of the main body artery) can be easily missed by even the “most experienced” and this unfortunately can result in deaths, many a times with wrong diagnostic labels. Though Paediatric cardiology has been one of the first paediatric subspecialties to be evolved in paediatrics in the west complete absence of exclusive paediatric cardiology training facilities and immense economic and infrastructural demands and above all extreme scarcity of medical personnel trained exclusively in paediatric cardiology precluded so far any significant growth of this paediatric subspecialty.
What are the career opportunities?
The opportunities in Pediatric Cardiology are many and varied. Pediatric Cardiology is often the cornerstone of large academic medical centers and there are many divisions of high volume and high intensity. There are also many small-to-medium sized programs with most divisions of Pediatric Cardiology averaging 2-3 cardiologists per 1 million populations served. Private practice opportunities of various sizes and clinical service exist throughout the country. Career opportunities range from
1) Predominantly clinical activities
2) A career in an academic setting as a clinician educator or researcher on a tenure track or some combination of the two
3) Hospital based settings with academic collaborations with a larger tertiary care centre. 4) A private practice setting usually with referrals to a large center for surgery or. Cath interventions
To successfully enter a specialized clinical area of cardiology (such as interventional Cath or EP and others) a fourth year of additional training is often needed.
Pediatric Cardiology is that branch of medicine concerned with the study of congenital cardiac malformations, acquired heart diseases and abnormalities of the systemic and pulmonary circulations in the fetus, new-born, child and young adult. The scope of pediatric cardiology practice is extensive. Pediatric Cardiologists evaluate and care for fetuses, neonates, infants, children, adolescents, young adults, and adults. Special areas of clinical and academic interest include: Intensive Cardiac Care, Cardiac Catheterization and Intervention, Electrophysiology, Imaging, Fetal Cardiology, Exercise Physiology, Preventive Cardiology, Heart Failure and Transplantation, and Pulmonary Hypertension. Cardiology is practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Additionally, Pediatric Cardiologists can have a career that focuses on translational or basic science research, or in medical education. The scope of conditions cared for by Pediatric Cardiologists is broad and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances , hypertension, and other systemic disorders affecting the cardiovascular system. A significant majority of activities in Pediatric Cardiology require expertise in procedural and/or interpretive activities.
The global market for pediatric interventional cardiology in 2015 is largely dominated by the Americas, especially in the U.S. due to the increasing instances of cardiac diseases among the children. APAC region is poised to exhibit highest growth rate during the forecast period due to the flooding investments in pediatrics by major healthcare players in this region, especially from China and India and Canada. The improved healthcare services and governmental healthcare reforms and increased awareness among people drive the market for pediatric interventional cardiology in the APAC region. This report studies the global pediatric interventional cardiology market over the forecast period of 2013 to 2018. This market is valued at an estimated $894.7 million in 2013 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2013 to 2018.
List of Best International Conferences:
1. 2nd Pediatric Cardiology Conference September 22-24, 2016, Las Vegas, USA
2. 7th Cardiothoracic Conference March 29-30, 2016 Atlanta, USA
3. 8th Cardiologists Conference July 18-20, 2016 Berlin, Germany
4. Cardiac Nursing Conference May 5-7, 2016 Chicago, USA
5. 6th Clinical Cardiology Conference November 30-December 02, 2015 San Antonio, USA
6. Transplantation Conference March 28-29, 2016 Atlanta, USA
7. 4th Healthcare Conference July 18-20, 2016 Brisbane, Australia
8. Healthcare Conference November 09-11, 2015 Dubai, UAE
9. 2nd Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 25-27, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
10. 6th Healthcare and Fitness Conference August 22-24, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
11. Healthcare Conference October 05-07, 2015 New Delhi, India
12. Hypertension Conference, Aug 4-6, 2016, Toronto, Canada
13. 10th Interventional Cardiology Conference, Sept 12-14, 2016, Berlin, Germany
14. Cardiovascular Imaging Conference, Nov 7-9, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
15. Angiology Conference Dec 8-10, 2016,San Antonio, USA
16. Internal Medicine Conference, November 03-05, 2016 Baltimore, Maryland, USA
17. Anesthesia and Intensive Care conference September 12-14, 2016 Phoenix, Arizona, USA
18. 4th Surgery Conference October 05-07, 2015 Crowne Plaza, Dubai, UAE
19. 5th Surgery Conference October 06-08, 2016 Alicante, Spain
20. 2nd Pain Medicine Conference May 16-18, 2016 San Antonio, USA
21. Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 31-September 02, 2015 Orlando, USA
22. 16th Annual Intensive Review of Cardiology, August 23-26, 2015 Ohio, USA
23. Challenges in Clinical Cardiology, September 18-20 2015 Atlanta, USA
24. Recent Advances in the Management of Valvular Heart Disease October 03, 2015 Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
25. New Cardiovascular Horizons (NCVH) Detroit: Multidisciplinary Strategies for Advanced Treatment of Peripheral Artery Disease and Limb Preservation September 12, 2015 Detroit, Michigan 48243, USA
26. Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE) Congress 2015 25-30 Sep 2015 Lisbon, Portugal
27. International Conference on Basic and Clinical Multimodal Imaging 01-05 September, 2015 Utrecht, Netherlands
28. The 20th Annual Scientific Session of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, September 17-20,2015 Washington, USA
Relevant Society and Associations
1) Pediatric Cardiology Associates
2) The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
3) The Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology
4) European Society of Cardiology
5) Pediatric Cardiology Medical Associate
6) International Pediatric Association
7) The World Federation of Associations of Pediatric Surgeons
8) International Pediatric Association Zurich
9) American Academy of Pediatrics
10) Pediatric Congenital Heart Association
11) Pediatrix Cardiology Associates of New Mexico
12) PCA - Pediatric Cardiology Associates
13) Pediatric Cardiology Associates of WNY
14) The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
15) Pediatric Cardiology Medical Associates
16) Pediatric Cardiac Society of India (PCSI)
17) Pediatric Cardiology Associates of Houston
18) Child Cardiology Associates (CCA)
19) American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC)
20) Northeast Pediatric Cardiology Nurse Association
21) Pediatric Cardiology Medical Associates of Southern California
22) Children's Cardiology Associates, Texas
23) American Society of Preventive Cardiology
24) American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
25) Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals (ACVP)
26) Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals (SICP)
27) Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
1) Cerevast Therapeutics
2) Paragon Medical
4) Apaxis Medical
5) Paragon Medical
7) Angel Medical Systems
8) Topera Medical
9) Lombard Medical Technologies Plc
10) AtriCure, Inc.
11) Sorin S.p.A.
12) SurModics, Inc.
13) Cook Medical Incorporated
17) Care stream Health
19) Keystone Medical Technologies
22) Cardiac Dimensions
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising