Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series Ltd: World’s leading Event Organizer
OMICS International has published 698 Open Access articles along with 1620 conference proceedings, 20 upcoming conferences and 21 journals related to nutrition. Moreover, around 6 International conferences along with 23 symposiums are going to be hosted all across the globe related to Enteral Nutrition.
Enteral nutrition should be considered for malnourished patients, or in those at risk of malnutrition who have a functional gastrointestinal tract but are unable to maintain an adequate or safe oral intake. Although it is often a life-saving man oeuvre, the patient's quality of life may be adversely affected. Enteral feeding is particularly beneficial for critically ill patients, in who enteral feeding promotes gut barrier integrity and reduces rates of infection and mortality. Postoperative patients with limited oral intake. Early enteral feeding after elective and cancer gastrointestinal surgery reduces the complication rate and duration of hospital stay. Early post-pyloric feeding is useful as, although gastric and colonic function is impaired postoperatively, small bowel function is often normal. Feeding is usually introduced after 1 to 5 days. Patients with severe pancreatitis, without pseudocyst or fistula complication. Enteral nutrition promotes the resolution of inflammation and reduces the incidence of infection. Low flow enteral feeding may also be useful in combination with parenteral nutrition to maintain gut function and reduce the likelihood of cholestasis.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more Scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The Conference Series website will provide you list and details about the conferences organized across the globe.
Scope and Importance:
Enteral nutrition pumps also known as enteral feeding pumps are used to deliver nutritious foods containing carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamin, minerals and water by inserting directly into the stomach or parts of small intestine. Enteral nutrition pumps are recommended to patients suffering from gastrointestinal tract disorders, malnourished patients or those who are at high risk of malnutrition, and patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer and AIDS who are unable to maintain an optimal nutritional level orally.
The global market for enteral nutrition pumps has been segmented into portable enteral nutrition pumps and stationary enteral nutrition pumps on the basis of product type. Of these two major types, portable enteral nutrition pumps are in greater demand across the globe and are expected to witness significant market growth during the forecast period from 2014 to 2020. EnteraLite Infinity marketed by Moog, Inc. and the Kangaroo Joey enteral feeding pump by Covidien plc are the commercially available enteral nutrition pumps that are highly portable and light in weight. On the basis of end use, the global enteral nutrition pumps market is segmented into hospitals, physician offices, ambulatory care centers and home care.
Globally increasing elderly population coupled with rising preference of home enteral therapy have been identified as the major factors driving the market for home based enteral nutrition pumps market. According to the Population Division of United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, the world is witnessing a continuous increase in the population share of people aged 60 years or over as compared to children and adults aged below 60 years, over the past few decades. It is mainly due to decreased mortality rate owing to improved healthcare infrastructure and declining fertility. The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs reveals that the global population share of people aged 60 years and over has increased from 9.2% in 1990 to 11.7% in 2013 and is expected to reach approximately 21.1% by the end of 2050. In addition, introduction of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and rising cases of preterm birth that demands feeding by enteral nutrition pumps are the factors accentuating the growth of this market during the forecast period from 2014 to 2020.
Globally increasing incidence and prevalence of people suffering from chronic illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, AIDS, neurological and gastrointestinal disorders, rising awareness level regarding the enteral nutrition pumps and increasing need of reconstructive surgeries coupled with technological advancements in these devices are expected to widen the market for enteral nutrition pumps. According to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Home Survey, approximately 30,700 patients in long-term care facilities are on home enteral nutrition and receive pump feeding every year. Additionally, these devices have also gained widespread popularity because manufacturers are constantly coming up with new and innovative devices that are easy to use and have few complications. For example, these devices are now equipped with battery packs. On the other hand, factors such as complications associated with the enteral nutritious food delivery such as diarrhea, gastrointestinal complications, and non-obstructive intestinal ischemia along with the stringent reimbursement policies are expected to restrict the growth of enteral nutrition pumps market to some extent.
List of Best International Conferences
• 4th Nutrition Conference
• 4th Probiotics, Functional And Baby Foods
• Lipid Science & Technology Conference
• 4th Euro Obesity & Endocrinology Specialists Annual Meeting
• 6th Diet And Nutrition Conference
• Food Chemistry And Hydrocolloids Conference
• 2nd Lipid Science & Technology Conference
• Restorative Medicine Conference
• 5th Clinical Nutrition Conference
• 12th Food Technology Conference October 24-26, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
• Food Preservation Conference March 31-April 01, 2016, Atlanta, USA
• Plant Science Conference October 31-November 02, 2016, Baltimore, USA
• 8th Global Food Processing Conference November 09-11, 2015, Dubai, UAE
• 7th Food & Beverages conference October 08-10, 2015 New Delhi, India
• 9th Food & Beverages Conference July 11-13, 2016, Cologne, Germany
• Food Pack Expo, USA
• International Food Safety and Public Health Conference, UAE
• Global Food Expo, Turkey
• 107th AOCS Annual Meeting, USA
• 15th International Cereal and Bread Congress, Turkey
• 4th International Symposium on Gluten-Free Food Products and Beverages, Canada
• Alimentaria Barcelona 2016, Spain
• Food and Hotel Asia 2016 (FHA2016), Germany
• FoodtechPacktech 2016, New Zealand
List of Associations/Societies
• American Nutrition Association
• American Society of Nutrition
• National Associations of Nutrition Professionals
• Associations and Foundations Food and Nutrition
• Dietetic Association’s –Food and Nutrition Information Centre
• International Confederation of Dietetic Association
• Dieticians and Nutritionist Organizations
• World Public Health Nutrition Association
• The Nutrition Society
• Federation of European Nutrition societies
• The European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism
• European Federation of the Associations of Dieticians
• European Specialist Sports Nutrition Alliance
• Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society
• The parenteral and enteral nutrition society of Asia
• American Society for Nutrition, USA
• Nutrition Society of India, India
• Association for Nutrition, UK
• Nutrition Society of South Africa, South Africa
• International Confederation of Dietetic Associations – Brazil, Brazil
• NutriWEB Malaysia, Malaysia
• Nutrition Society of New Zealand, New Zealand
List of Companies
• Abbott Laboratories
• AdvoCare International
• Alpharma Inc.
• Atkins Nutritional Inc
• Balchem Corporations
• Barrington Nutritionals
• Beech-Nut Nutritional Corp.
• BioPharma Scientific
• Bioplex Nutrition Inc.
• National institute of oilseed products, Washington, DC
• The linde group, USA
• Euromonitor International , China
• HERBALIFE – Global, India
• Barrington Nutritionals, USA
• Beech-Nut Nutrition Corp. , USA
• Bioplex Nutrition Inc, USA
• Food Sciences Corporation, USA
• Mead Johnson Nutrition, USA
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 11th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising