Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
Clinical nutrition is nutrition of patients in health care. Clinical in this sense refers to the management of patients, including not only outpatients at clinics, but also (and mainly) inpatients in hospitals. It incorporates primarily the scientific fields of nutrition and dietetics. It aims to keep a healthy energy balance in patients, as well as providing sufficient amounts other nutrients such as protein, vitamins, minerals. Clinical nutrition is the study of the relationship between food and a healthy body. More specifically, it is the science of nutrients and how they are digested, absorbed, transported, metabolized, stored, and eliminated by the body.
Among the routes of administration, the preferred means of nutrition is, oral administration. Alternatives include enteral administration (in nasogastric feeding) and intravenous (in parenteral nutrition).
In the field of clinical nutrition, malnutrition has causes, epidemiology and management distinct from those associated with malnutrition that is mainly related to poverty. The main causes of clinical malnutrition are:
• Cachexia caused by diseases, injuries and/or aging
• Difficulties with ingestion, such as stroke, paresis, dementia, depression, dysphagia
• Clinical malnutrition may also be aggravated by iatrogenic factors, i.e., the inability of a health care entity to appropriately compensate for causes of malnutrition.
There are various definitions of clinical malnutrition. According to one of them, patients are defined as severely undernourished when meeting at least one of the following criteria: BMI < or = 20 kg/m2 and/or > or = 5% unintentional weight loss in the past month and/or > or = 10% unintentional weight loss in the past 6 months. By the same system, the patient is moderately undernourished if they met at least one of the following criteria: BMI 20.1–22 kg/m2 and/or 5-10% unintentional weight loss in the past six months.
Medical nutrition therapy (MNT) is a therapeutic approach to treating medical conditions and their associated symptoms via the use of a specifically tailored diet devised and monitored by a registered dietitian. The diet is based upon the patient's medical and psychosocial history, physical examination, functional examination and dietary history.
The role of MNT when administered by a dietitian is to reduce the risk of developing complications in pre-existing conditions such as diabetes as well as ameliorate the effects any existing conditions such as high cholesterol.
A nutritional therapy practitioner or clinical nutritionist combines the bio-chemical individuality of each client with a nutrient dense, properly prepared whole food diet and nutritional supplementation in order to return the client to a state of optimal health. They strive to treat the body as a whole - addressing the causes of problems, not just the symptoms
Clinical nutrition is the practice of analyzing if a person is consuming an adequate amount of nutrients for good health. A clinical nutritionist is concerned with how nutrients in food are processed, stored and discarded by your body, along with how what you eat affects your overall well-being. Professionals in this field assess your nutritional needs based on your family and medical history, lifestyle and laboratory tests in order to make recommendations on your diet and individual nutritional needs. A clinical nutritionist may provide advice on changes to your diet that may help prevent disease.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more Scientific Societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members. The OMICS International Conferences are instrumental in giving a serious stage to the incredibly famous scientists, understudies, researchers, academicians, organizations, business visionaries and businesses through its 300+ International Conferences and occasions yearly all through the globe to raise and examine the advancements in the field of OMICS Study. OMICS International Conferences are completely pressed with intriguing occasions, exercises and learning going with the quick entrepreneurial enthusiasm to make them genuine. They are multidimensional with synchronous movement situated symposia, International workshops and presentations where the identities from Sciences (Both unadulterated & connected), Pharmaceutical, Medical, Clinical, Engineering & Technology and Life Sciences accumulate with their procedures in discovering genuine answers for different basic issues around the globe.
As per allconferences.com 8-20-2014 there are 135 results Displayed when given clinical Clinical nutrition as a key word.
1. 14th International Nutrition Diagnostics Conference 2014
2. 9th Asia Pacific Conference on Clinical Nutrition
3. 11th Annual Natural Supplements An Evidence-Based Update
4. National Conference on Surgical Nutrition
5. 4th Annual Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Conference
6. 13th International Nutrition Diagnostics Conference 2013
7. The 8th Asia Pacific Conference on Clinical Nutrition
8. 10th Annual Nutrition and Health Conference
9. National Nurses Nutrition Group Conference 2012
10. Israeli Nutrition Week and the AODA Regional Conference
1. American Society for Nutrition
2. The European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (ESPEN).
3. American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
4. Australasian Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
5. International Society of Renal Nutrition and metabolism
6. Nutrition Society of Australia
7. ASMEN, International Association for Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition
8. Singapore Nutrition and Dietetics Association (SNDA)
9. American Clinical Board of Nutrition
10. The International & American Associations of Clinical nutrition
2. Nutrica- London.
3. Johnson & Johnson- Newjersy
4. Hexagon nutrition Pvt. Ltd-Mumbai
5. Baxter- India
7. Abbott nutrition
8. Novartis Medical Nutrition
9. Robinson Pharma- California, China.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on August 6, 2020