Recommended Conferences for Degeneration
Degeneration refers to the state of being deteriorated. In the nineteenth century degeneration theory was derived from pre-scientific and erroneous concepts of heredity and it had a widely influential concept in the social and biological sciences. In terms of science it mentions about the process by which a tissue deteriorates
, loses its functional activity, and may be converted into or replaced by some other kind some tissue. The theory was initially started as a set of principles connected with ethnicity and the origins of the human races, later on it became popular in psychiatry
and criminology. There are various forms of degeneration like disc degeneration, macular degeneration, retinal degeneration, neurodegeneration. Macular degeneration
also called as age-related macular degeneration (AMD or ARMD), is a medical condition affecting older adults and results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field because of damage to the retina
. It occurs in "dry" and "wet" forms. AMD is considered as the major cause of blindness and visual impairment in older adults. Sometimes the degeneration can also make it difficult to read or recognize faces, although enough peripheral vision remains to allow other activities of daily life.
Importance and Scope:
Many of the viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi that can invade the human body are also capable of attacking the surface or interior of the eye or other parts of the body. There are different diseases caused due to degeneration of other human body parts they are Macular degeneration, Alzheimer's disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's Disease, Osteoarthritis, Atherosclerosis, Cancer, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Chronic traumatic encephalopathy, etc.,. The Retina transplantation is done for Retinal Degenerative Disease. The immune system plays a critical role during transplantation and as the corneal transplantation has become increasingly common since the 1960s and over 40,000 transplants were performed in 1990 in the United States and Canada. The 5-year failure rate for corneal grafts is approximately 35%; corneal graft rejection is the most common cause of graft failure in the late postoperative period but with the recent development in immunotherapy can be a breakthrough to overcome from all the limitations of the conventional procedures. Neurodegeneration refers to the loss of structure and function of neurons leading to death of neurons. Many neurodegenerative diseases such as parkinson’s, alzheimer’s
and huntington’s occur as a result of neurodegenerative processes. The largest risk factor associated with neurodegenerative diseases is aging. Mitochondrial DNA mutations and oxidative stress are the contributing factors for aging. In each disease, neurons gradually lose their function as the disease progresses with age.
In order to provide better patient care scientists and researchers are integrating innovations and advanced technologies to prevent and treat degeneration and disease associated with it. Conferences, National symposiums and Workshops provide a resolute forum for the advancement, implementation and exchange of information about Degeneration and its related disciplines. Around 20 National symposiums and Workshops are going to be held across the globe which includes “Axon Degeneration Meeting”, “Global Spine Congress” and “Promoting Innovation in Atrophic AMD Research” and many more.
Macular degeneration is a disease connected with maturing that step by step crushes sharp, focal vision. Focal vision is required for seeing questions unmistakably and for normal day by day undertakings, for example, perusing and driving. The territory of the macula embodies just around 2.1% of the retina, and the staying 97.9% remaining parts unaffected by the ailment. By 2020 40 million individuals will have visual hindrance from cutting edge AMD. $343 Billion is the evaluated expense of visual weakness on the planet because of cutting edge AMD. In $343 Billion the sum $255 billion were immediate social insurance costs. Around 10% of patients 66 to 74 years old will have discoveries of macular degeneration. The pervasiveness increments to 30% in patients 75 to 85 years old. The lifetime danger of growing late-organize macular degeneration is half for individuals who have a relative with macular degeneration, versus 12% for individuals who don't have relatives with macular degeneration.
Organizes 1000+ Global Events
Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies
Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series
website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
1) 2nd Brain Disorders And Therapeutics Conference
October 27-29, 2016, Chicago, USA
2) 3rd Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia Conference
August 31-September 02, 2015, Toronto, Canada
3) 6th Cell & Stem Cell Research Congress
February 29-March 02, 2016, Philadelphia, USA
4) Musculoskeletal Regeneration Conference
May 05-06, 2016, Chicago, USA
5) 6th Ophthalmologists Meeting
May 16-18, 2016, Osaka, Japan
6) 7th Ophthalmology Congress
June 16-18, 2016, Alicante, Spain
7) Spine And Spinal Disorders Conference
June 30-July 02, 2016, Valencia, Spain
8) 8th Ophthalmology Meeting
July 25-27, 2016, Chicago, USA
9) 5th Tissue Science And Regenerative Medicine Conference
September 12-14, 2016, Berlin, Germany
10) 9th Opthalmic Conference
Oct 27-28, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
11) 5th Axon Degeneration Meeting
August 17-20, 2014 Berlin, Germany
12) XVIth International Symposium on Retinal Degeneration
13) Fifth International Biennial Symposium on AMD
14) Conference on Cartilage Biology and Pathology
15) ARVO 2015 Annual Meeting Colorado
16) Symposia Congress- Retina in Progress
17) Joint Symposium--4th International Neural Regeneration Symposium; 6th International Spinal Cord Injury Treatments and Trials Symposium; 9th Asia Pacific Symposium on Neural Regeneration,
September 6-8, 2014 Nanjing, China
Associations and Societies
1) Macular Society
2) Macula Vision Research Foundation (MVRF)
3) Macular Degeneration Association
4) Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation
5) Philadelphia Spine Research Society (PSRS)
6) AMD Alliance International
7) American Academy of Ophthalmology
8) BrightFocus Foundation
9) Association for Macular Diseases
10) Macular Degeneration Foundation, Inc
11) American Macular Degeneration Foundation
1) Alkeus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
2) Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation
3) Aprogen, Inc.
4) BBB Therapeutics B.V.
5) Bionature E.A. Ltd.
6) Biovista Inc.
7) GenSight Biologics SA
8) SanBio, Inc.
9) Santhera Pharmaceuticals Holding AG
10) Senju Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
11) Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
12) Australia's Circadian Technologies
14) Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
16) Advanced Cell & Gene Therapy, LLC
17) Advanced Vision Therapies, Inc.
18) Altogen Biosystems
19) Applied Tissue Technologies LLC
20) Asklepios BioPharmaceutical Inc.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on July 7, 2020