Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
As per available reports about 2 relevant Journals, 26 Conferences, 18 National symposiums are presently dedicated exclusively to cardiothoracic surgery and about 10 articles are being published on cardiothoracic surgery.
Cardiothoracic surgery is the field of medicine involved in surgical treatment of diseases affecting organs inside the thorax (the chest)—generally treatment of conditions of the heart (heart disease) and lungs (lung disease). A thoracic surgeon is a medical doctor who performs operations on the heart, lungs, esophagus, and other organs in the chest. This also includes surgeons who can be called cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, general thoracic surgeons, and congenital heart surgeons.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and importance:
Advances in Science and Technology, in association with better living conditions has apparently increased the average life span of humankind. However, incidence pattern of heart diseases has also shown a considerable increase. Various factors have contributed to this; life style changes, food habits, occupational conditions and priority alterations play a role. A recent estimate declares that by the year 2020, about 100 million of Indian population would have suffered or be suffering from one or other heart ailment. The field had its meteoric rise and now is on the rapid descent. Adult cardiac surgery is being taken over by Cardiology, adult thoracic surgeryis really not a sustaining specialty unto itself, and congenital heart surgery should only be centralized in a few small centers. Like many rumors there may be some half-truths in those assertions but in the current reality of modern medicine it is highly unlikely that cardiothoracic surgery will flounder for long or fade away completely. Surgery in great vessels, became common after the turn of the century and falls in the domain of cardiac surgery, but technically cannot be considered heart surgery. One of the more commonly known cardiac surgery procedures is the coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), also known as "bypass surgery." In this procedure, vessels from elsewhere in the patient's body are most commonly harvested using a procedure known as EVH, and grafted to the coronary arteries to bypass blockages and improve the blood supply to the heart muscle. This new technology occurred at a time when first, compliance issues and human research oversight was minimal compared to current standards, and secondly, a huge untapped population of patients with atherosclerotic coronary artery disease was discovered. Coronary bypass surgery evolved and fostered an explosive growth and also allowed us to attract the best and brightest of young surgical residents.
Children aren’t simply miniature people who suffer the same diseases adults do, but on a smaller scale. Rather, they have their own specific afflictions and abnormalities and require surgical approaches specifically tailored to their size, developmental vulnerability and their rapid rate of growth. Just as newborns quickly outgrow their clothes, their heart and vessels may outgrow the patches surgeons use to repair them. As a mirror to our clinical practice, our basic research programs seek to resolve the unmet needs of children growing up with heart disease, and improve surgical approaches specific to pediatric cardiac surgery.
Much modern cardiothoracic surgery is performed with the help of highly advanced machines that are operated externally by a surgeon. The main advantage to these machines is that they can operate through very small incisions, and this dramatically shortens the recovery time of a patient. The most advanced machines are even able to react intelligently to changes in the patient’s body. For instance, some machines can adapt to the beating of a heart , moving their arms in synch with it, so that to the surgeon operating the machine it appears as if the heart is stationary. These surgeons offer virtually every type of cardiac surgery including elective or emergency surgery for heart valve disease, aortic aneurysm, coronary artery disease, arrhythmias, heart failure, Marfan syndrome and other less common conditions.
The global market for cardiovascular surgical devices used in the operating room is worth an estimated $31 billion in 2015. By 2015, this market will be valued at nearly $48 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7%. This sector is worth an estimated $7 billion in 2015 and is expected to increase at a 10.9% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $12 billion in 2018. The second fastest area of growth is in cardiac rhythm management devices, particularly for the treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF). This sector is valued at $11 billion in 2020 and is expected to be worth $18 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2%.
1. 8th Cardiologists Conference July 18-20, 2016 Berlin, Germany
2. 7th Cardiothoracic Conference March 29-30, 2016 Atlanta, USA
4. Hypertension Conference, Aug 4-6, 2016, Toronto, Canada
5. 10th Interventional Cardiology Conference, Sept 12-14, 2016, Berlin, Germany
6. Cardiovascular Imaging Conference, Nov 7-9, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
7. Angiology Conference Dec 8-10, 2016,San Antonio, USA
8. Internal Medicine Conference, November 03-05, 2016 Baltimore, Maryland, USA
9. Transplantation Conference March 28-29, 2016 Atlanta, USA
10. 2nd Pediatric Cardiology Conference September 22-24, 2016, Las Vegas, USA
11. 4th Surgery Conference October 05-07, 2015 Crowne Plaza, Dubai, UAE
12. 5th Surgery Conference October 06-08, 2016 Alicante, Spain
13. Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 31-September 02, 2015 Orlando, USA
14. Internal Medicine Conference, November 03-05, 2016 Baltimore, Maryland, USA
15. Healthcare Conference October 05-07, 2015 New Delhi, India
16. 6th Healthcare and Fitness Conference August 22-24, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
17. Cardiac Nursing Conference May 5-7, 2016 Chicago, USA
18. 6th Clinical Cardiology Conference November 30-December 02, 2015 San Antonio, USA
19. Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 31-September 02, 2015 Orlando, USA
20. Cardiac Nursing Conference May 5-7, 2016 Chicago, USA
21. Challenges in Clinical Cardiology, September 18-20 2015 Atlanta, USA
22. 16th Annual Intensive Review of Cardiology, August 23-26, 2015 Ohio, USA
23. The 20th Annual Scientific Session of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, September 17-20,2015 Washington, USA
Relevant Society and Associations
1. East Georgia Cardiology
2. European Society of Cardiology
3. European Heart Rhythm Association
4. European Society for Cardio-Vascular Surgery
5. European Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesiologists (EACTA)
6. French Society of Cardiology
7. Swiss Society of Cardiology
8. Italian Society of Cardiology
9. Hungarian Society of Cardiology
10. The American Heart Association
11. Heart Failure Society of America
12. Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals
13. American Association of Heart Failure Nurses
14. Heart Failure Society of America
15. Heart Valve Society of America
16. Perfusion Program Directors' Council
17. Society of Cardiac Surgeons
18. Georgian Association of Cardiology
19. Georgian Heart Foundation
20. Georgia Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgical Associates
21. Society of Thoracic Surgeons
22. Georgian Society of Cardiology
23. Heart of Georgia Cardiology
24. West Georgia Cardiology
3) Cerevast Therapeutics
4) Paragon Medical
6) Apaxis Medical
7) Paragon Medical
9) Angel Medical Systems
10) Topera Medical
14) Care stream Health
16) Keystone Medical Technologies
19) Lombard Medical Technologies Plc
20) AtriCure, Inc.
21) Sorin S.p.A.
22) SurModics, Inc.
23) Cook Medical Incorporated
24) Cardiac Dimensions
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising