Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
Biotechnology is the interdisciplinary field of science and engineering where the biological processes, organisms, cellular components are harnessed by using modern engineering aspects to develop enhanced product for improving human lives and health. According to UN Convention on Biological Diversity, Art.2, biotechnology is defined as any technological application using biological system, living organism or their derivatives to make products or modify any existing biological process or products for specific use. In general biotechnology is the blend of traditional biological sciences like biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology, plant biology, genetics and embryology and knowledge & techniques of modern bioprocess engineering, chemical engineering, bioinformatics and new concepts of molecular biology and recombinant technology. Since last thousands of years ago humankind has used biotechnology in food, agriculture and medicine. While coming to microbiology the humankind has used microorganisms for more than 6000 years for his food products that includes cheese, bread, dairy products etc. In the late 20th century modern biotechnology came into picture due to development of new techniques such as recombinant DNA technology, genomics, applied immunology, development of pharmaceutics and diagnostic products. Modern biotechnology proves to be the only option to feed the world, heal the world and to fuel the world though it’s diverse application of technologies.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and Importance
Biotechnology Conferences provides the scope for opportunities to learn progressed by international scientists and academicians. Biotechnology Conference offers excessive quality content to suit the diverse professional development of science and technologies. It is a perfect platform to discuss the current discoveries and developments in the field of Biotechnology.
Biotechnology is helping to heal the world by harnessing nature's own toolbox and using our own genetic makeup to heal and guide lines of research by: Reducing rates of infectious disease; saving millions of children's lives; Changing the odds of serious, life-threatening conditions affecting millions around the world; Tailoring treatments to individuals to minimize health risks and side effects; Creating more precise tools for disease detection; and Combating serious illnesses and everyday threats confronting the developing world. Biotech uses biological processes such as fermentation and harnesses biocatalysts such as enzymes, yeast, and other microbes to become microscopic manufacturing plants. Biotech is helping to fuel the world by: Streamlining the steps in chemical manufacturing processes by 80% or more; Lowering the temperature for cleaning clothes and potentially saving $4.1 billion annually; Improving manufacturing process efficiency to save 50% or more on operating costs; Reducing use of and reliance on petrochemicals; Using biofuels to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 52% or more; Decreasing water usage and waste generation; and Tapping into the full potential of traditional biomass waste products. Biotech improves crop insect resistance, enhances crop herbicide tolerance and facilitates the use of more environmentally sustainable farming practices. Biotechnology is helping to feed the world by: Generating higher crop yields with fewer inputs; lowering volumes of agricultural chemicals required by crops-limiting the run-off of these products into the environment.
As per available reports about 3514 Conferences and workshops are presently dedicated exclusively to Biotechnology. In terms of growth in R& D products and innovation in the field of Biotechnology USA, Japan, India, China, Denmark, South Africa, Germany, Sweden, Israel is world’s leading countries. As per the report of BIO Australian Bio sector includes 527 biotechnology companies, Canada having the second largest bio sector globally, China is the third largest Parma bio sector globally, France having 150 biotech companies, Indian Biotech sector is the one of the fastest growing sector with an overall revenue of US$ 1.9 billion and will reach US$ 8 billion by 2015. Spain’s biotechnology sector has a significant growth of 60 new companies/ year. In the healthcare area, Spain is a leading country in oncology, neurodegenerative diseases, vaccines and other advanced therapies. Each year, 12,000 patients receive treatment with biotech medicines and 400,000 vaccine doses are delivered. More than 75% of the people in the Spanish population think that biotechnology is beneficial. Besides, we rank as the first European country in genetically modified organisms (GMOs) cropping, specifically, of corn, and as one of the most advanced countries regarding the generation of biofuels and energy generation by way of biomass.
Biotechnology sector is the most significant and rapid growing sector in India enhancing India’s global profile with major contribution to Indian economy. The Indian biotech industry holds about 2 % share of the global biotech industry. As per the report published in Make in India initiative; Indian biotech industry will grow at an average growth rate of around 30% a year and reach USD 100 Billion by 2025. Indian bio-economy grew to USD 4.3 Billion at the end of 2013, up from USD 530 Million in 2003. Indian biotech industry grew by 15.1% in 2012–13, increasing the market’s revenues from USD 3.31 Billion in 2011-12 to USD 3.81 Billion in 2012–13. The market size of the sector is expected to rise up to USD 11.6 Billion by 2017 due to a range of factors such as growing demand for healthcare services, intensive R&D activities and strong government initiatives.
International symposium and workshops
1. EcoBio 2016: Challenges in Building a Sustainable Biobased Economy, 6–9 March 2016, Rotterdam, Netherlands
2. EMBO Conference Series: Visualizing Biological Data, 9–11 March 2016, Heidelberg, Germany
3. EMBL Workshop: From 3D Light to 3D Electron Microscopy, 13–16 March 2016, Heidelberg, Germany
4. Pichia 2016 Protein Expression Conference, 4–6 April 2016, ANTALYA, Turkey
5. Genome Editing and Gene Modulation Congress 2016, 06 Apr 2016 → 08 Apr 2016, Oxford, United Kingdom
1. 12th Biotechnology Congress, November 14-15, 2016 San Francisco, USA
2. 2nd Transcriptomics Conference, August 18-20, 2016 Portland, Oregon USA
5. 2nd Glycobiology Congress, August 29-31, 2016 Atlanta, USA
6. 10th Asia-Pacific Biotech Congress, July 25-27, 2016 AVANI Atrium, Bangkok, Thailand
8. 4th Integrative Biology Conference, July 18-20, 2016 Berlin, Germany
9. 2nd Synthetic Biology Conference, August 15-17, 2016 London, United Kingdom
10. 13th Euro Biotechnology Congress, November 14-16, 2016 Alicante, Spain
12. 8th Immunotherapeutics and Immunomonitoring Conference, January 25-26, 2016, San Diego, CA,
13. Cell Culture 2016, 02 Feb 2016 → 04 Feb 2016, London, United Kingdom
14. 4th Biotechnology World Congress, 15 Feb 2016 → 18 Feb 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
15. 8th Ocular Diseases Drug Discovery Conference, 21 Mar 2016 → 22 Mar 2016, San Diego, United States
16. Genome Editing and Gene Modulation Congress 2016, 06 Apr 2016 → 08 Apr 2016, Oxford, United Kingdom
17. 11th International Conference on Protein Stabilisation, 09 May 2016 → 11 May 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
18. 23rd Annual International STRESS AND BEHAVIOR Neuroscience and Biopsychiatry Conference, 16 May 2016 → 19 May 2016, St-Petersburg, Russia
19. European Symposium on Biochemical Engineering Sciences 2016, 11 Sep 2016 → 14 Sep 2016, Dublin, Ireland
Relevant Society and Associations
1. APT International Association for Pharmaceutical Technology, USA
2. ARCS Association of Regulatory and Clinical Scientists, Australia
3. AusBiotech, Australia
4. Biotechnology Professional Associations, Australia
5. Europabio, Europe
6. European Federation of Biotechnology, Europe
7. Washington Biotechnology & Biomedical Association, USA
8. New England Biotech Association, UK
9. Society for Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Germany
10. Virginia Biotechnology Association, USA
1. Novo Nordisk
3. Gilead Sciences
5. Biogen Idec
6. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
7. Merck KGaA
10. Alexion Pharmaceuticals
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on December 5, 2022