Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
Antioxidants are widely used in dietary supplements and have been investigated for the prevention of diseases such as cancer, coronary heart disease and even altitude sickness. Although initial studies suggested that antioxidant supplements might promote health, later large clinical trials with a limited number of antioxidants detected no benefit and even suggested that excess supplementation with certain putative antioxidants may be harmful. Antioxidants also have many industrial uses, such as preservatives in food and cosmetics and to prevent the degradation of rubber and gasoline.
They do this by being oxidized themselves, so antioxidants are often reducing agents such as thiols, ascorbic acid, or polyphenols. Substituted phenols and derivatives of phenylenediamine are common antioxidants used to inhibit gum formation in gasoline (petrol). Although oxidation reactions are crucial for life, they can also be damaging; plants and animals maintain complex systems of multiple types of antioxidants, such as glutathione, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E as well as enzymes such as catalase, superoxide dismutase and various peroxidases. Insufficient levels of antioxidants, or inhibition of the antioxidant enzymes, cause oxidative stress and may damage or kill cells. Oxidative stress is damage to cell structure and cell function by overly reactive oxygen-containing molecules and chronic excessive inflammation. Oxidative stress seems to play a significant role in many human diseases, including cancers. The use of antioxidants in pharmacology is intensively studied, particularly as treatments for stroke and neurodegenerative diseases. For these reasons, oxidative stress can be considered to be both the cause and the consequence of some diseases.
An antioxidant is a molecule that inhibits the oxidation of essential organic molecules inside body. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that transfers electrons or hydrogen from a substance to an oxidizing agent. Oxidation reactions can produce free radicals. In turn, these radicals can start chain reactions. When the chain reaction occurs in a cell , it can cause damage or death to the cell. Antioxidants terminate these chain reactions by removing free radical intermediates, and inhibit other oxidation reactions.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.
With the extraordinary success of International conferences in the field of medical, clinical, and life sciences in previous years. Since 2010, OMICS International Conferences are included to furnish a momentous stage, for the incredibly famous researchers, scientists, understudies, academicians from organizations, and likewise the business people from businesses Conferences and universal occasions yearly all as far and wide as possible to raise and empower the improvements and concentrate on the exploration viewpoints.
OMICS International holds the notoriety of adequately arranging investigative gatherings well whatsoever prime areas over the globe. OMICS International Engineering gatherings are a major hub for researchers; investigate researchers and learners from the field of medical, clinical, engineering, management and life sciences through holding exploratory meetings all as the year progressed. OMICS International is glad for having the right framework to have such paramount occasions that are lit with members.
Remarkably illustrative praise presentation, shows, symposia, thorough panel discussion and intuitive sessions makes OMICS International scientific gatherings a regent stage for Global Networking. We are chosen in composing both academic and business occasions incorporating science gatherings, B2B gatherings, symposia and workshops. Our distinction is well known to World Congresses and is overall reflected by the stuff and presentation of our scholastic meetings. Young Scientist Award offers worthwhile incentives to researchers who have shown great potential in their fields of expertise. The Best Poster Awards aim to promote a proud record in respect of the quality and impact of the presentation itself and, in doing so; it anchors to encourage students to aim for the highest professional standards.
Conferences, National Symposiums, and Workshops:
1. NYSCC Antioxidant Symposium, Thursday, September 18, 2014, New York
2. 246th National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society (ACS), Tuesday, Sept. 10, USA
3. 1st World Congress on Antioxidants & Chemical Industries, November 20-21, 2014, Berlin, Germany
4. 22nd Annual Scientific Meeting of THE SOCIETY FOR FREE RADICAL RESEARCH AUSTRALASIA, December 3-6, 2014, Melbourne, Australia
5. 15th International Congress of Radiation Research (ICRR), May 23-29, 2015, Kyoto, Japan
6. Society for Free Radical Biology and Medicine 21st Annual Meeting, November 19-23, 2014, Seattle, Washington, USA
7. 8th International Conference on Heme Oxygenases, BioIron and Oxidative Stress, October 8-11, 2014, Sydney, Australia
8. Zing Conference on Oxidative Stress, October 3-6, 2014, Parador de Oropesa, Toledo, Spain
9. 5th International Congress on Cell Membranes and Oxidative Stress, September 9-12, 2014, Isparta, Turkey
Major Companies Associated With Antioxidantss:
1. Suan Farma, United States
2. Prinova, United States
3. Onecoup Lifescience Limited, China
4. Hangzhou HETD Industry Co., Ltd., China
5. Signum Biosciences, United States
6. BioChemica International, United States
7. Continental Chemical USA
8. Beneqem, United States
9. Tapi (Teva API), Israel
10. Pharma Resources International LLC, United States
Major Societies and Associations Associated With Antioxidantss:
1. Society for Free Radical Research, EUROPE
2. International Society of Antioxidant in Nutrition and Health (ISANH)
3. American Society for Nutrition
4. American Chemical Society
5. Canadian Cancer Society
6. National Institute of Health (NIH)
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on September 23, 2020