Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
Metagenomics (also referred to as environmental and community genomics) is the genomic analysis of microorganisms by direct extraction and cloning of DNA from an assemblage of microorganisms. The development of metagenomics stemmed from the ineluctable evidence that as-yet-uncultured microorganisms represent the vast majority of organisms in most environments on earth. This evidence was derived from analyses of 16S rRNA gene sequences amplified directly from the environment, an approach that avoided the bias imposed by culturing and led to the discovery of vast new lineages of microbial life. Metagenomics is the study of the collective genomes of the members of a microbial community. It involves cloning and analyzing the genomes without culturing the organisms in the community, thereby offering the opportunity to describe the planet’s diverse microbial inhabitants, many of which cannot yet be cultured.
Metagenomics analysis involves isolating DNA from an environmental sample, cloning the DNA into a suitable vector, transforming the clones into a host bacterium, and screening the resulting transformants . The clones can be screened for phylogenetic markers or “anchors,” such as 16S rRNA and recA, or for other conserved genes by hybridization or multiplex PCR (136) or for expression of specific traits, such as enzyme activity or antibiotic production, or they can be sequenced randomly. Each approach has strengths and limitations; together these approaches have enriched our understanding of the uncultured world, providing insight into groups of prokaryotes that are otherwise entirely unknown.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.
Metagenomics related Conferences in 2015:
• Metabolomics 2015, San Francisco, California.
• Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing,United States.
• 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics Models, Methods and Algorithms,Portugal.
• ICMSB 2015 : XIII International Conference on Metabolomics and Systems Biology,Paris.
• Systems Biology of Lipid Metabolism 2015, Breckenridge, USA.
• International Conference on Systems Biology and Bioengineering (ICSBB 2015),Turkey.
• Metabolomics and Epidemiology Symposium at RTI International, NC USA.
Lists of Societies related to Metagenomics :
• International Society for Functional Metagenomics.
• The Metabolomics Society,US.
• COSMOS - COordination of Standards in MetabOlomicS ,UK.
• Northwest Metabolomics Research Center (NW-MRC), Seattle,US.
• Swedish Metabolomics Centre, Sweden.
• Netherlands Metabolomics Centre.
• The International Society for Systems Biology (ISSB).
• PRiMe Platform for Riken Metabolomics.
. Major Metagenomics and related Companies:
• BGI Americas Corporation,Cambridge.
• Zymo Research Corp.,CA.
• AB SCIEX, USA.
• Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd, Ireland.
• Chenomx ,Canada .
• Phenomenome Discoveries, Canada.
• Metabometrix , London.
• Metabolon, USA.
• Lipomics, California.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 17th Apr, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising