Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
Delivery System generally refers to the process of conveying a product or service to a recipient. In terms of science and technology it could be defined as the means of administering a drug to the patient particularly known as drug delivery. Drug delivery systems include all those approaches, formulations, and technologies needed for transporting a pharmaceutical compound in the body so as to achieve the desired therapeutic effect. Delivery process should be integrated with dosage forms and route of administration which includes oral (through mouth), topical (skin), transmucosal (nasal, buccal/sublingual, vaginal, ocular and rectal) and inhalation routes. The process is concerned with both the quantity and duration of drug present in the body as well as its systemic pharmacokinetics. There are various mechanisms by which the drug release is achieved including diffusion, degradation, swelling, and affinity-based mechanisms. Delivery systems also comprise of sustained release formulations which include liposomes, drug loaded biodegradable microspheres and drug polymer conjugates. Recent efforts in the area of drug delivery include the development of targeted delivery systems in which the drug will only be active in that target area of the body only (for example, in cancerous tissues ). In sustained release approach, the drug is released from a formulation over a period of time in a controlled manner. The designed system must be able to avoid the host's defense mechanisms and drug should be circulated to its intended site of action in order to achieve efficient targeted delivery.
The field of delivery systems is rapidly progressing comprising of areas such as Novel Drug Delivery Systems, Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Systems but yet the systematic application of current knowledge to improve patient care remains a formidable challenge. Conferences, National symposiums and Workshops provide a dedicated forum for the advancement, execution and exchange of information about Delivery system and its allied areas. Around 45 National symposiums and Workshops are going to be held across the globe which includes “Inhalation Drug Delivery Scientific Conference”, “Controlled & Modified Drug Release II” and “Global Drug Delivery & Formulation Summit” and many more.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.
1. 5th International Conference and Exhibition on Pharmaceutics & Novel Drug Delivery Systems, March 16-18, 2015 Dubai, UAE
2. 5th International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications (ICNFA'14),August11-13,2014Prague,CzechRepublic
3. Polymers in Drug Delivery Devices, September 16-17,2014 Philadelphia, PA, US
4. Drug Delivery Partnerships, September 17-18,2014 Hamburg, Germany
5. Inhalation Drug Development, September 17-18,2014 Hamburg, Germany
6. Oral Drug Formulations Innovations Summit, November 5-6 San Diego, CA, US
7. Inhaled Drug Delivery, November 5-6,2014 London, UK
8. Drug Delivery Strategy: Advanced Mechanisms and Product Design, December2-3,2014, Philadelphia, PA, US
9. Drug Delivery to the Lungs 25(DDL 25)- Silver Jubilee, December 10-12, 2014 Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
10. 4th Drug Formulation & Bioavailability, January 26-28,2015 Boston, MA, US
Relevant Associations & Societies:
1. OnDrug Delivery
2. International Society of Drug Delivery Sciences and Technology
3. Controlled Release Society
4. Respiratory Drug Delivery
5. Society For Biomaterials
6. Japanese Society of Drug Delivery Systems
7. American Medical Association
8. Inhalation Drug Delivery Associations
9. Drug Development & Delivery
1. Meros Polymers, Edmonton, AB
2. PolyActiva, Melbourne, Australia
3. enGene, Vancouver, BC
4. Formac Pharmaceuticals, Leuven, Belgium
5. InSite Vision, Alameda, CA
6. Durect, Cupertino, CA
7. LyoGo, El Segundo, CA
8. Zosano Pharma, Fremont, CA
9. Mountain View Pharmaceuticals, Menlo Park, CA
10. GlaxoSmithKline, Palo Alto, CA
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on January 27, 2021