Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
Clinical Sports Medicine addresses the care of both recreational and professional athletes. Sports medicine that focuses on the prevention and treatment of athletic injuries and the design of exercise and nutrition programs for maintaining peak physical performance. Some surgical procedures are performed much more frequently in professional athletes than in recreational athletes, but the procedures the two groups receive differ little. What is different in the treatment received is the rehabilitation, because the professional athlete must return to a higher level of activity and performance than the recreational athlete. Rehabilitation is thus the essence of sports medicine practice. Recognizing this, the editors of this book have devoted five comprehensive, anatomically oriented chapters to the principles of rehabilitation. In addition, specific rehabilitation programs for nearly every condition are described.
A physician with significant specialized training in both the treatment and prevention of illness and injury. The Sports Medicine Specialist helps patients maximize function and minimize disability and time away from sports, work, or school.
He or she is a physician who:
• Is board certified in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Physical Medicine/ Rehabilitation.
• Has obtained one to two years of additional training in Sports Medicine through one of the accredited Fellowship (subspecialty) Programs in Sports Medicine.
• Has passed a national Sports Medicine certification examination allowing them to hold a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine.
• Further adds to their expertise through participation in continuing medical education activities and recertification via re-examination every ten years. This rigorous process was instituted to distinguish certified Sports Medicine Specialists from other physicians without specialized training.
• Is a leader of the Sports Medicine team, which also may include specialty physicians and surgeons, athletic trainers, physical therapists, coaches, other personnel, and the athlete.
Sports Medicine Specialists have received additional training in the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine. Common examples of these include:
• Concussion (mild traumatic brain injury) and other head injuries
• Athletes with chronic or acute illness (such as infectious mononucleosis, asthma or diabetes)
• Nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids, and performance issues
• Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness • Injury prevention
• “Return to play” decisions in the sick or injured athlete
• Recommendations on safe strength training and conditioning exercises
• Healthy lifestyle promotion
Most Sports Medicine Specialists also serve as:
Team Physicians for local and/or national teams and clubs. These physicians must fulfill published qualifications with the following responsibilities:
• Pre-participation physical examination
• Injury assessment and management
• Care of sports-related and general medical needs of athletes
• Special populations (geriatric, disabled, women, youth, etc.)
• Sports psychology issues
• Substance use issues
• Education and counseling on illness & injury prevention
• Coordinating care with other members of the sports medicine team to include athletic trainers, physical therapists, personal physicians, other medical and surgical specialties, and other ancillary personnel of specialty care and rehabilitation
• Communication with athletic trainers, coaches, school administration, as well as athletes and their families
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.
Initiating from the year 2010, The OMICS International Conferences are instrumental in giving a serious stage to the incredibly famous scientists, understudies, researchers, academicians, organizations, business visionaries and businesses through its 300 International Conferences and occasions yearly all through the globe to raise and examine the advancements in the field of OMICS Study.
OMICS International International Conferences are completely pressed with intriguing occasions, exercises and learning going with the quick entrepreneurial enthusiasm to make them genuine. They are multidimensional with synchronous movement situated symposia, International workshops and presentations where the identities from Sciences (Both unadulterated & connected), Pharmaceutical, Medical, Clinical, Engineering & Technology and Life Sciences accumulate with their procedures in discovering genuine answers for different basic issues around the globe.
As per allconferences.com 8-21-2014 there are 14 results Displayed when given Clinical Sports Medicine as a key word.
As per allconferences.com 8-21-2014 there are 47 results Displayed when given Clinical Sports Medicine as a key word.
• 2nd International Conference on Predictive, Preventive and Personalized Medicine & Molecular Diagnostics November 03-05, 2014 Las Vegas, USA
• 3rd International Conference on Translational Medicine November 03-05, 2014 Las Vegas, USA
• 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation May 18-20, 2015 San Antonio, USA
• 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Traditional & Alternative Medicine Aug 11-13, 2015 Germany
• 3rd International Conference on Predictive, Preventive, Personalized Medicine & Molecular Diagnostics Sep 01-03, 2015 Valencia, Spain
• 4th International Conference on Translational Medicine Oct 26-28, 2015 Baltimore, USA
• 3rd International Conference on Nursing & Emergency Medicine Oct 26-28, 2015 Baltimore, USA
• 4th Clinical Sports Medicine Conference - The South Africa.
• 5th Clinical Sport and Exercise Medicine Conference.
• 3rd Clinical Sports Medicine Conference.
• 5th Clinical Sport and Exercise Medicine Conference.
• The American Medical Society for Sport Medicine (AMSSM)
• South African Sports Medicine Association (SASMA).
• SACS | Scottish Association for Country Sports
• International Sociology of Sport Association
• ISCA - International Sport and Culture Association
• National Olympic Committees (NOCs)
• european federation of sports medicine associations
• Academy for Health Services Research and Health Policy (AHSRHP)
• Academy of Sports Dentistry
• Canadian Medical Association
• Prince Court Medical Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Asklepios Klinik Barmbek, Hamburg, Germany
• Clemenceau Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
• Fortis Hospital, Bangalore, India
• Wooridul Spine Hospital, Seoul, Korea
• Bumrungrad International, Bangkok, Thailand
• Anadolu Medical Center, Istanbul, Turkey
• Bangkok Hospital Medical Center, Bangkok, Thailand
• Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore
• Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai, India
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 17th Apr, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising