Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series : World’s leading Event Organizer
An adverse drug reaction (ADR) is an injury caused by taking a medication. ADRs may occur following a single dose or prolonged administration of a drug or result from the combination of two or more drugs. The meaning of this expression differs from the meaning of "side effect", as this last expression might also imply that the effects can be beneficial. The study of ADRs is the concern of the field known as pharmacovigilance. An adverse drug event (ADE) refers to any injury occurring at the time a drug is used, whether or not it is identified as a cause of the injury.
Adverse Side effect is an undesired harmful effect resulting from a medication or other intervention such as surgery. An adverse effect may be termed a "side effect", when judged to be secondary to a main or therapeutic effect. If it results from an unsuitable or incorrect dosage or procedure, this is called a medical error and not a complication. Adverse effects are sometimes referred to as "iatrogenic" because they are generated by a physician/treatment. Some adverse effects occur only when starting, increasing or discontinuing a treatment. Using a drug or other medical intervention which is contraindicated may increase the risk of adverse effects. Adverse effects may cause complications of a disease or procedure and negatively affect its prognosis. They may also lead to non-compliance with a treatment regimen. The harmful outcome is usually indicated by some result such as morbidity, mortality, alteration in body weight, levels of enzymes, loss of function, or as a pathological change detected at the microscopic, macroscopic or physiological level. It may also be indicated by symptoms reported by a patient.
List of symposium and workshops:
• 6th Open PHACTS Community Workshop Chemistry Centre, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London
• Clinical Pharmacology Working with Modeling Software
• 2015 AAVPT BIENNIAL SYMPOSIUM
• Pharmacological Predictors of Outcome: Can they be used to treat or prevent resistance? What is their role in drug development?
• Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Anti-Infective Agents
• Clinical Issues of PK/PD
• Optimizing treatment using a pharmacodynamic approach: an interactive workshop using clinical cases
• Preclinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Anti-infective Agents - Clinical Relevance of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Anti-infective Agents - Modeling of Anti-infective Agents
• Clinical impact of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD)
List of Associations:
• Association for Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics
• European Association for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
• Federation of European Pharmacological Societies
• Canadian Society of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
• International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology
• British Pharmacological Society
• Professional society for pharmacology scientists and researchers
• American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
• Austrian Pharmaceutical Society
• Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties
ABOUT OMICS International:
OMICS International is an integration of Open Access publications and worldwide International Scientific conferences and events. OMICS International is a pioneer and leading Science event organizer, which publishes around 500 peer reviewed open access journals in all aspects of science, health, and technology. OMICS International world class International conference organizer successfully coordinates 500 peer reviewed open access journals to accelerate the knowledge transfer through debates, round table discussions, poster presentations, Symposia and Workshops and exhibitions. OMICS International is also pioneer in organizing the Pharmaceutical Conferences all around the globe. We are actively involved in conducting International Conferences across various continents such as Europe, USA (Baltimore, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, and San Antonio), China, Dubai, UK and other parts of the globe.
Related OMICS International Conferences :
Conferences and symposiums: Large numbers of conferences are organized across the globe related to drug delivery such as Pharmacovigilance August 10-12, 2015 London, UK, 6th International Conference and Exhibition on Pharmaceutics & Novel Drug Delivery SystemsMarch 07-09, 2016 Madrid, Spain,World drug delivery summit, August 17-19, 2015, Seattle USA., 2014
PDA Universe of Prefilled Syringes & Injection Devices, Drug Delivery Devices 2014 (DDD14)
4th Annual Partnerships in Drug Delivery (PODD)
3rd Medicon Valley Inhalation Symposium, Parenterals 2014
Oral Drug Formulation Innovations Summit
Inhaled Drug Delivery, RDD Asia 2014 and Drug Delivery Strategy: Advanced Mechanisms & Product Design.
Associations and societies:
Associations and societies related to drug delivery are
Controlled Release Society,
Inhalation Drug Delivery Association,
International society of drug delivery sciences and technology,
American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists,
Japanese Society of Drug Delivery Systems,
Parenteral Drug Association,
International Association for Pharmaceutical Technology,
International Neuromodulation Society,
Society for Neuroscience,
and American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
Major companies associated with drug delivery are Medtronic, GB Biosciences, Leonardo Biosystems, Gilead, RJS Biologics Inc., Oncotherapy Solutions, Oncolytics Biotech, MedGenesisTherapeutix, GlaxoSmithKline, Aviva Biosciences, Halozyme Therapeutics, Nektar Therapeutics, Merck & Co., Inc, BioDelivery Sciences, PharmaIN, OncoGenex, Jubilant , and Bio-rad.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on January 27, 2023