Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
Metabonomics is a metabolic systems approach that is complementary to genomics and proteomics, which allows the characterisation of metabolic disease processes, genetic modifications and drug toxicity. Metabonomics is defined as "the quantitative measurement of the dynamic multiparametric metabolic response of living systems to pathophysiological stimuli or genetic modification”. Metabonomics is focused on the study of altered whole organism metabolic control and homeostasis in complex systems where there are many interacting cell types performing different biochemical functions at the same time. Because of the integrative nature of the approach, metabonomics can add significant value to conventionally derived information on drug utility at several stages in the discovery and development process where complex system function needs to be understood. Metabonomics offers a complementary approach to genomics and proteomics that gives information on whole organism functional integrity over time following drug exposure. Target tissues or processes and biomarkers can be identified via characteristic changes in the pattern of concentrations of endogenous metabolites in biofluids that relate to site and mechanism of toxicity.
Metabonomics can be used to separate classes of experimental animals such as mice and rats according to their strain based on the endogenous metabolite patterns in their biofluids. This is due to the fact that differences in ‘silentgene’ function between strains can influence the fluxes of metabolites through many key intermediary pathways resulting in distinct animal ‘metabotypes’. Such differences may help explain differential toxicity of drugs between strains where the metabolic fate and hence potential toxicity of the drug itself is linked to the activity of endogenous pathways.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members. OMICS International also offers various services like Publication Management, Processing Management, Event Management quality and subscription management to other similar institutions through this network.
Metabonomics Conferences in 2015:
• Metabolomics 2015, San Francisco, California.
• Plant Metabolism Session at the ASBM Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts,2015.
• 2nd Australian Lipid Meeting, Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
• ICMSB 2015 : XIII International Conference on Metabolomics and Systems Biology,Paris.
• Systems Biology of Lipid Metabolism 2015, Breckenridge, USA.
• International Conference on Systems Biology and Bioengineering (ICSBB 2015),Turkey.
• Metabolomics and Epidemiology Symposium at RTI International, NC USA.
Lists of Societies related to Metabonomics :
• The Metabolomics Society,US.
• COSMOS - COordination of Standards in MetabOlomicS ,UK.
• Northwest Metabolomics Research Center (NW-MRC), Seattle,US.
• Swedish Metabolomics Centre, Sweden.
• Netherlands Metabolomics Centre.
• The International Society for Systems Biology (ISSB).
• PRiMe Platform for Riken Metabolomics.
Major Metabonomics and related Companies:
• AB SCIEX, USA.
• Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd, Ireland.
• Chenomx ,Canada .
• Phenomenome Discoveries, Canada.
• Metabometrix , London.
• Metabolon, USA.
• Lipomics, California.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 17th Apr, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising