Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
Metabolomics is a newly emerging field of "omics" research concerned with the comprehensive characterization of the small molecule metabolites in biological systems.. Despite in comparison to genomics and proteomics, metabolomics as a field of study is now firmly established as a functional genetics approach to understanding the molecular complexity of life. Metabolomics is the comprehensive, qualitative, and quantitative study of all the small molecules in an organism. The study of metabolomics therefore excludes polymers of amino acids and sugars. The focus is instead on intermediary metabolites used to form the macromolecular structures and other small molecules participating in important metabolic functions and fulfilling critical roles such as signalling molecules or secondary metabolites. Metabolomics is a term sometimes used to describe the emerging science of measurement and analysis of metabolites, such as sugars and fats, in the cells of organisms at specific times and under specific conditions. The field of metabolomics overlaps with biology, chemistry, mathematics, and computer science.
Metabolomics is said to be a critically important technique in a systems biology framework. Systems biology is a term that envelopes the various ‘-omics’ technologies, of which metabolomics is just one. Studies in systems biology aspire to integrate the structures and functions of various levels of encoded information of the organism. If one considers that many proteins, encoded by genes, are in fact enzymes that catalyze chemical reactions, then by extension, metabolomics can be seen as another level of information encoded by the organism but more subject to manipulation by its environment . In a sense, metabolomics represents the meeting of phylogenetics and phonetics.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.
Metabolomics Conferences in 2015:
• Metabolomics 2015, San Francisco, California
• Plant Metabolism Session at the ASBM Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts,2015
• 2nd Australian Lipid Meeting, Wollongong, NSW, Australia
• ICMSB 2015 : XIII International Conference on Metabolomics and Systems Biology,Paris
• Systems Biology of Lipid Metabolism 2015, Breckenridge, USA
• International Conference on Systems Biology and Bioengineering (ICSBB 2015),Turkey
• Metabolomics and Epidemiology Symposium at RTI International, NC USA
Lists of Societies related to Metabolomics :
• The Metabolomics Society,US
• COSMOS - COordination of Standards in MetabOlomicS ,UK
• Northwest Metabolomics Research Center (NW-MRC), Seattle,US
• Swedish Metabolomics Centre, Sweden
• Netherlands Metabolomics Centre.
• The International Society for Systems Biology (ISSB)
• PRiMe Platform for Riken Metabolomics
Major Metabolomics and related Companies: • AB SCIEX, USA
• Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd, Ireland
• Chenomx ,Canada
• Phenomenome Discoveries, Canada
• Metabometrix , London
• Metabolon, USA
• Lipomics, California
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 17th Apr, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising