Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
It is the use of hormones in medicinal treatment wherein the hormone acts as an antagonist. Hormonal therapy in oncology is hormone therapy for cancer and is one of the major modalities of medical oncology (pharmacotherapy for cancer), others being cytotoxic chemotherapy and targeted therapy (biotherapeutics). It involves the manipulation of the endocrine system through exogenous administration of specific hormones, particularly steroid hormones, or drugs which inhibit the production or activity of such hormones (hormone antagonists). Because steroid hormones are powerful drivers of gene expression in certain cancer cells, changing the levels or activity of certain hormones can cause certain cancers to cease growing, or even undergo cell death. Surgical removal of endocrine organs, such as orchiectomy and oophorectomy can also be employed as a form of hormonal therapy. Hormonal therapy is used for several types of cancers derived from hormonally responsive tissues, including the breast, prostate, endometrium, and adrenal cortex. Hormonal therapy may also be used in the treatment of paraneoplastic syndromes or to ameliorate certain cancer- and chemotherapy-associated symptoms, such as anorexia. Perhaps the most familiar example of hormonal therapy in oncology is the use of the selective estrogen-response modulator tamoxifen for the treatment of breast cancer, although another class of hormonal agents, aromatase inhibitors, now have an expanding role in that disease.
OMICS Group hosts over 400 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 300 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS Publishing Group journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 30000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS Group signed an agreement with more than 500 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
• The Hormone-Dependent Cancers Gordon Research Conference; August 16-21, 2015; Newry, ME
• Keystone Symposia; Feb 8-13, 2015
• 17th European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE 2015); 16 May 2015 - 20 May 2015; Dublin, Ireland
• 18th European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE 2016); 28 May 2016 - 01 Jun 2016; Munich, Germany
• Integrative Health Symposium; Feb 19-21,2015; NY
• 2nd International Conference on Endocrinology; October 20-22, 2014 Chicago, USA
• 32nd Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference; February 26 - March 01, 2015; Fontainebleau Miami Beach Miami Beach
• 5th World Congress on Cancer Science & Therapy; Sep 28-30,2015; Boston
• EUROGIN 2015; February 4-7, 2015; Seville, Spain
• 3rd International Conference on Endocrinology; Nov 2-4, 2015; Atlanta
Related associations and Societies
• The North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
• Endocrine Society
• AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL ENDOCRINOLOGISTS(AACE)
• International Menopause Society
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Oct, 2014
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising