Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series LLC LTD Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series LLC LTD : World’s leading Event Organizer
Geophysics is the branch of geology that deals with the physics of the earth and its atmosphere, including oceanography, seismology, volcanology, and geomagnetism. It is the Major branch of earth science that applies the principles and methods of physics to the study of the Earth. Geophysics deals with such geologic phenomena as the temperature distribution of the Earth's interior; the source, configuration, and variations of the geomagnetic field and the large-scale features of the terrestrial crust, such as rifts, continental sutures, and oceanic ridges. Modern geophysical research also examines phenomena of the outer parts of the Earth's atmosphere and even the physical properties of other planets and their satellites.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and Importance
Geophysics conferences provide the scope for opportunities to learn progressed by international scientists and academicians. Geophysics conference offers excessive quality content to suit the diverse professional development of science and technologies. It is a perfect platform to discuss the current discoveries and developments in the field of Geology and Geophysics.
Geophysics is a subject of natural science concerned with the physical processes and physical properties of the Earth and its surrounding space environment, and the use of quantitative methods for their analysis. The term geophysics sometimes refers only to the geological applications: Earth's shape; its gravitational and magnetic fields; its internal structure and composition; its dynamics and their surface expression in plate tectonics, the generation of magmas, volcanism and rock formation. However, modern geophysics organizations use a broader definition that includes the hydrological cycle including snow and ice; fluid dynamics of the oceans and the atmosphere; electricity and magnetism in the ionosphere and magnetosphere and solar-terrestrial relations; and analogous problems associated with the Moon and other planets. Geophysics is applied to societal needs, such as mineral resources, mitigation of natural hazards and environmental protection. Geophysical survey data are used to analyze potential petroleum reservoirs and mineral deposits, locate groundwater, find archaeological relics, determine the thickness of glaciers and soils, and assess sites for environmental remediation. Geophysical methods as applied to Environmental and Engineering Geophysics were derived from other principal areas of subsurface investigation, including petroleum, mineral and groundwater exploration. It include Electromagnetics, Gravity, Ground penetrating radar (GPR), Magnetics, Resistivity, Seismic refraction, Spontaneous potential, induced polarization.
As per the National Geological and Geophysical Data Preservation Program, Survey for funding opportunities is done among different states of USA. From this survey report the total funding amount is $625,993.29. According to MICAD (Ministry of International Cooperation and Development), in 2013 total aid from the UAE amounted to US$5.89 billion (Dh21.63 billion). Much of this funding comes under the definition of Official Development Assistance (ODA) as stipulated by the Development Assistance Committee of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD DAC). Net ODA in 2013 was estimated at US$5.42 billion, moving the UAE into first place globally in terms of development assistance as a percentage of gross national income (GNI). In other words, the UAE provided 1.33% of its GNI as ODA in 2013, exceeding the UN target of 0.7% for donor countries.
International symposium and workshops
1. 17th International Seismic Symposium, May 15-20, 2016, Scotland
2. EAGE Workshop on Seismic Reservoir Characterization, January 31 - 03 February, 2016 Kuwait City, Kuwait
3. SPE/EAGE Geosteering and Well Placement Workshop, February 08 – 10, 2016 Dubai, UAE
4. International Coastal Symposium 2016 (ICS2016), March 6–11, 2016, Sydney, Australia
5. ISRM International Symposium - EUROCK 2016, August 29–31, 2016, Nevsehir, Turkey
1. 2ndGeology Conference, April 21-22, 2016 Dubai, UAE
3. 5th Biodiversity Conference, March 10-12, 2016 Madrid, Spain
5. 3rd Recycling Congress, October 06-07, 2016 Miami, USA
6. 2nd Green Energy Conference, Nov 28-30, 2016 Chicago, USA
8. 2nd Geologists Meeting, July 11-12, 2016 Brisbane, Australia
9. 2nd Recycling Conference, July 25-27, 2016 Berlin, Germany
10. 2nd Petroliferous Basins Conference, Oct 3-5, 2016 London, UK
11. Geophysics Conference, Sept 29-Oct 1, 2016 Vancouver, Canada
12. Geosciences Conference, Oct 6-7, 2016 Miami, USA
16. Coastal Zone Management Conference, May 16-18, 2016 Osaka, Japan
18. 18th International Conference on Earth Science and Climate Change, May 16 - 17, 2016 Montreal, Canada
19. 32nd Nordic Geological Winter Meeting, January 13-15 2016, Helsinki, Finland
20. International Geological Congress 2016August 27–September 04 2016, Cape Town, South Africa
21. International Symposium on Geodynamics and Earth Tides 2016, June 05–09 2016, Trieste, Italy
22. The IV International Conference on Earth Science & Climate Change, August 17 - 18, 2017, Istanbul, Turkey
Relevant Society and Associations
1. International Union for Geodesy and Geophysics
2. Australian association of Exploration Geophysicists
3. American Geophysical Union
4. Society of Exploration Geophysicists
5. International association for geophysical contractors
6. British Geophysical Association
7. Bay Area Geophysical Society
8. Dallas Geophysical Society
9. Geophysical Society of Houston
10. Tulsa Geophysical Society
1. Acorn Geophysical
2. Alpha Seismic Compressors, LLC
3. American Seismic
4. ARKex Ltd
5. Maritime Survey & Services Sdn. Bhd.
6. MultiClient Geophysical AS
7. NCS SubSeaInc
8. New Seismic
9. Nordic Maritime Pte. Ltd.
10. Horizon Survey Company (FZC)
11. Hurricane Geo Inspection Survey Sdn. Bhd.
12. Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corp
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on January 20, 2022