First Aid is an immediate and temporary care given to a victim of an accident or sudden illness before the services of a physician is obtained. First aid is normally performed until the injury or illness is satisfactorily dealt with (such as in the case of small cuts, minor bruises, and blisters) or until the next level of care, such as a paramedic or doctor, arrives. First aid is the provision of initial care for an illness or injury First Aid is the temporary help given to an injured or a sick person before professional medical treatment can be provided. Basic training in first aid skills should be taught in school, in work places and, in general, be learnt by all, as it is mandatory to our modern and stressful life. A first aid kit is a collection of supplies and equipment for use in giving first aid, and can be put together for the purpose by an individual or organization or purchased complete. There is a wide variation in the contents of first aid kits based on the knowledge and experience of those putting it together, the differing first aid requirements of the area where it may be used and variations in legislation or regulation in a given area.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and Importance:
The scope of first aid includes the diagnosis, the treatment and the disposal of the case.
(a) For diagnosis, the first aider must first know how the accident or sudden injury has occurred. This can be got from the victim if he can tell or from witnesses. This is called the history of the case.
The next step in diagnosis is to watch the symptoms like faintness, thirst, pain or shivering.
Then the first aider looks at the signs, which are variations from normal conditions. These may include swelling, congestion, paleness or deformity, which can be very easily observed by the first aider. Signs are the most reliable indications on which diagnosis can be based.
(b) For treatment, the cause of the condition should be immediately removed, with a view to prevent the condition from becoming worse. Special attention should be paid to cases of severe bleeding, shock, unconsciousness and failure of breathing.
(c) For quick disposal, the casualty or the victim should either be examined by the doctor on the spot or, if that is not possible, he should be immediately taken to his home or to a suitable place of shelter or to a hospital, according to circumstances. The members of the victim's family or his relatives should be informed at once.
Growth of first aid products has steadily increased over the past few years and Mintel estimates sales to be up 2.8% from 2011-12. As it is difficult to increase the need for these products, marketers need to be especially savvy about increasing awareness and usage of products.
International symposium and workshops
1.HABC is hosting an unmissable First Aid seminar at the 2014 National Conference.2014 Annual Symposium and Trade Show by New Jersey State First Aid Council Mental Health First Aid
2.Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR): First Aid Forward Conference & Exhibition at Kettering Conference Centre, Kettering
3.The Qualsafe Future of First Aid Conference 2014
4.The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
5.Marin County First-aid Certification Class in Novato, CA
6.EXSA is running First Aid workshops
7.Wilderness Medical Associates International
8.Digital Security First-Aid Kit for Human Rights Defenders
9.Building a Hiker's First Aid Kit
10. CPR cardiopulmonary resuscitation and First Aid Training
List of Best International Conferences:
1) 3rd Clinical Pharmacy Conference
December 07-09, 2015 Atlanta, USA
4) Pharma Middle East Conference 2015
November 02-04, 2015 Dubai, UAE
5) Materials Chemistry Conference
March 31-April 01, 2016 Valencia, Spain
6) Industrial Pharmacy Conference,
April 11-12, 2016 Dubai, UAE
10) Biopharmaceutics Conference
September 21-22, 2015 Baltimore, MD, USA
11) Green Chemistry Conference
September 14-16,2015 Orlando, USA
12) Egyptian Third International Conference in Chemistry "Chemistry and Sustainable
16 Nov 2015- 19 Nov 2015; Hurghada, Egypt
13) 1st ICAC — 1st International Conference on Applied Chemistry
14 Mar 2016-17 Mar,2016; Luxor, Egypt
14) 18th SCI/RSC Medicinal Chemistry Symposium
13 Sep 2015-16 Sep 2015;Cambridge, United Kingdom
15) 2nd Annual Drug Discovery USA Congress
29 Oct 2015-30 Oct 2015; Boston,United States
16) World Medtech Forum Lucerne
15 Sep 2015-17 Sep 2015, Luzern, Switzerland
17) Principles of Critical Care Medicine for Non-Intensive Care Specialists
17 Sep 2015-19 Sep 2015, Boston,United States
18) 8th Annual Perspectives in Rheumatic Diseases Conference
18 Sep 2015-19 Sep 2015LasVegas, United States
19) Clinical Medicine - Clinical Pediatrics, Family and Emergency Medicine Conference
18 Sep 2015-20 Sep2015, Vancouver, Canada
20) European Students Conference:'Science or Fiction? Imagine the future of medicine'
23Sep 2015-26 Sep2015, Berlin, Germany
Relevant Society and Associations
1. St Andrew's Ambulance Association
2. New Jersey State First Aid Council
3. Federation of First Aid Training Organizatio
4. Association of First Aiders
5. National First Aid Society
6. Scottish First Aid Association
7. Washington Trails Association
8. Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association
9. First Aid Tips for Pet Owners
10. Mental Health First Aid Canada
11. First Aid Tips for walkers BY British Red Cross society
12. American Heart Association Heart saver First Aid
13. Indian Red Cross Society
14. United States lifesaving association
1. BASP UK Ltd, Fiona Gunn Company
3. First Aid Only
4. Green Guard
5. American First Aid
6. The First Aid Industry
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on December 8, 2023