Clinical research is a branch of healthcare science that determines the safety and effectiveness of medications, devices, diagnostic products and treatment regimens intended for human use. These may be used for prevention, treatment, diagnosis or for relieving symptoms of a disease. Clinical Research is different from clinical practice. In clinical practice one uses established treatments, while in clinical research evidence is collected to establish a treatment. The term clinical research refers to the entire bibliography of a drug/device/biologic, in fact any test article from its inception in the lab to its introduction to the consumer market and beyond. Once the promising candidate or the molecule is identified in the lab, it is subjected to pre-clinical studies or animal studies where different aspects of the test article (including its safety toxicity if applicable and efficacy, if possible at this early stage) are studied.
Clinical research enables researchers and doctors to find new and better ways to understand, detect, control and treat human diseases. A clinical research study is a way to find answers to difficult scientific or health questions. For example, a clinical study might be conducted to identify what causes people to get a disease (observational study) or test whether a new treatment, surgical procedure or lifestyle change can cure or prevent a disease from occurring (interventional study).
All clinical research studies have guidelines called inclusion/exclusion criteria that determine who can participate. These guidelines are based on such factors as age, type of disease, medical history, current medical condition and exposure history. These criteria are used to identify appropriate participants and keep them safe as well as to ensure that researchers will be able to answer the questions being asked.
Some clinical research studies are purely observational. Although the subjects may be required to donate a blood specimen or undergo a diagnostic procedure, no treatment will be administered to them to try to change the course of their disease. In this type of study, data will be collected from the subjects through clinical testing or questionnaires. The data will be analyzed to try to determine what caused the disease or why some people are more likely to develop it than others. Blood is often collected to test for a genetic predisposition for the condition. Different types of data are collected to determine what other factors might have contributed to the disease. Examples of some of the types of data that might be collected for an observational clinical research study include family, medical, occupational and geographical history, ethnicity, toxicant exposure, diet and lifestyle.
If a clinical research study involves studying a drug, a new medical procedure or device, it is called a clinical trial. For example, a clinical trial may test the effectiveness of a new drug for treating diabetes or asthma. Many new medicines and drugs are found to work in the researcher's lab, and to be safe and effective in animal tests. But drugs and devices must be proven to be safe and effective for people before they can be routinely used in people.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members. Initiating from the year 2010, The OMICS International Conferences are instrumental in giving a serious stage to the incredibly famous scientists, understudies, researchers, academicians, organizations, business visionaries and businesses through its 300 International Conferences and occasions yearly all through the globe to raise and examine the advancements in the field of OMICS Study.
OMICS International International Conferences are completely pressed with intriguing occasions, exercises and learning going with the quick entrepreneurial enthusiasm to make them genuine. They are multidimensional with synchronous movement situated symposia, International workshops and presentations where the identities from Sciences (Both unadulterated & connected), Pharmaceutical, Medical, Clinical, Engineering & Technology and Life Sciences accumulate with their procedures in discovering genuine answers for different basic issues around the globe.
As per allconferences.com 8-21-2014 there are 854 results Displayed when given Clinical research as a key word. Conferences
As per allconferences.com 8-20-2014 there are 2400 results Displayed when given Clinical research as a key word. Omics
• 6th International Conference on Biomarkers & Clinical Research Aug 31-Sep 2, 2015 Canada
• 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Pharmacovigilance & Clinical Trials October 27-29, 2014 Hyderabad, India Upcoming Conference
• 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Pharmacovigilance & Clinical Trials August 17-19, 2015 UK Upcoming Conference
• International Conference on Clinical Trials July 27-29, 2015 Florida, USA
• 11th Latin American Conference of Clinical Research35th Annual Meeting (2014) - Society for Clinical Trials (SCT)
• 4th Annual Clinical Trials & Outsourcing Asia Congress.
• 5th Annual Clinical Trials Summit 2014
• 9th Annual Clinical Trial Billing Conference
• Conference on Clinical Research for Rare Diseases
• Global Clinical Trials Outsourcing Summit
• 2nd International Conference on Clinical Research
• SOCRA The Society of Clinical Research Associates.
• Phase I and IIa Clinical Trials Conference
• Indian Society for Clinical Research
• International Association of Clinical Research Nurses
• New Zealand Association of Clinical Research Conference
• Society for Clinical Trials (SCT)
• Association of Clinical Research Professionals
• Central Society for Clinical and Translational Research
• Australian Society for Medical Research (ASMR)
• American Association for Cancer Research
• ABC Laboratories
• Abingdon Life Sciences
• Parexel international.
• Accell Clinical Research
• Accium Biosciences
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on December 8, 2023