Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
The practice of using medicinal plants as natural medicines has existed since prehistoric times. There are three ways in which plants have been found useful in medicine. First, they may be used directly as teas or in other extracted forms for their natural chemical constituents. Second, they may be used as agents in the synthesis of drugs. Finally, the organic molecules found in plants may be used as models for synthetic drugs. Historically, the medicinal value of plants was tested by trial and error, as in the Doctrine of Signatures. Modern approaches to determining the medicinal properties of plants involve collaborative efforts that can include ethnobotanists, anthropologists, pharmaceutical chemists, and physicians. Many modern medicines had their origin in medicinal plants. Examples include aspirin from willow bark (Salix spp.), digitalis from foxglove (Digitalis purpurea), and vinblastine from Madagascar periwinkle (Vinca rosea) for the treatment of childhood leukemia.
The Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research is an international, neutral and independent association of scientists from research institutions of universities and companies as well as other interested people engaged in the advancement of research and science in the field of medicinal plants, natural bioactive compounds and phytotherapy.
Specifically, this purpose is achieved by:
1.tthe organization of scientific meetings
2. Support of the scientific journal "Planta Medica: Natural Products and Medicinal Plant Research" as organ of the society
3. Cooperation with organizations pursuing similar aims
4. The scientific counselling of public institutions
5. the financial support of research work
OMICS International through its open access initiative hosts over highly valued 500 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organizes over 300 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS International Journals have around 50,000 Editorial and reviewers ensures the quality and fast editorial, review processing with time of publishing in just 21 days from the day of submission of manuscript. We have high accessibility across the scientific community with readership of more than 5 million. OMICS International signed an agreement with more than 1000 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access. OMICS International brings in concert the work of leading minds in scientific organization all across the world to serve the civilization by making it possible for global allocation of knowledge through its Open Access Journals and Scientific Events. OMICS International conferences are the best venues for organizing our Medical Conferences, Engineering Conferences, Healthcare Conferences, Diabetes Conferences and many more.
OMICS International Conferences lay an ideal path for international association triggering and proposing the scientific society with the newest research work and ameliorations in the upcoming technological era. The Symposia, workshops and exhibitions are the key specialities of the OMICS Group Meetings. The Scientific world and business delegates have extended their warm shore up which is a fascinating highlight of OMICS Group Conferences. OMICS Group adds value to its conventions by identifying right and excellence speakers and delegates from various parts of the world and origins by conducting International workshops and symposiums.
1) 62nd International Congress and Annual Meeting of the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research- GA2014; Aug 31st – Sep 4th, 2014; Guimaraes, Portugal 2) International Symposium on Medicinal Plants and Natural Products (ISMPNP2015); March 16-18,2015; Columbia 3) ICMAP 2015 : International Conference on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants; December 3 - 4, 2015; Penang, Malaysia 4) 2nd International Congress of Society for Ethnopharmacology (SFEC - 2015); February 20-22, 2015; Nagpur 5) 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry and Natural Products; Nov 30th - Dec 2nd ,2015; India 6) MEDICINAL PLANTS CONFERENCES & MEETINGS 7) The 2nd Mediterranean Symposium on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MESMAP-2); April, 2015; Antalya-TURKEY
Related Associations and Societies
1) Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research 2) Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Association of India (MAPAI) 3) Society for Conservation and Resource Development of Medicinal Plants(SMP) 4) The Herb Society of America 5) Australian Herb Society Inc. 6) Australian Food Plants Study Group 7) Australian Lavender Industry 8) Australian Plants Society 9) Australian Traditional-Medicine Society 10) Herb Society of North Queensland 11) Herb Society of South Australia 12) The Herb Society of Victoria 13) National Herbalists Association of Australia 14) Organic Herb Growers of Australia, Inc. 15) Queensland Herb Society 16) The Spice Association of Australia 17) Tasmanian Herb Growers Association 18) Wildflower Society of Western Australia 19) International Society for Horticultural Science 20) The European Health Product Manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers association (EHPM) 21) EDA Livno 22) Alberta Natural Health Agricultural Network 23) British Columbia Herb Growers Association 24) Canadian Association of Herbal Practitioners 25) Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists 26) Canadian Herb Society 27) Canadian Naturopathic Association 28) Canadian Wildflower Society 29) The Chi Kung Association of Canada 30) Flower and Herb Growers Association of Alberta 31) North American Native Plant Society 32) Ontario Herbalists' Association 33) Ontario Homeopathic Association 34) Saskatchewan Herb & Spice Association 35) Association of Delegates of the Professional Organizations of Producers and Collectors of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of the EEC 36) European Confederation of Distributors, Producers and Importers of Medicinal Plants 37) Medicinal Plant Association and Product Council 38) The Central Institute of Medical Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 39) Latvian Herb Grower's Association 40) International Hemp Association 41) Herb Federation of New Zealand 42) Portuguese Association of Herbalists 43) R.A.M.A.P.G.M. - ROMANIAN ASSOCIATION OF MEDICINAL & AROMATIC PLANTS GROWERS & MANUFACTURERS 44) CENTRE TECNOLÒGIC FORESTAL DE CATALUNYA 45) The Botanical Society of South Africa 46) Andolu Medical Plants Research Center 47) Aromatherapy Trade Council 48) British Dried Flowers Association 49) British Herb Trade Association 50) British Herbal Medicine Association 51) Essential Oil Trades Association Ltd. 52) European Herbal Practitioners Association 53) The Herb Society 54) International Federation of Aromatherapists National Herb Centre 55) National Institute of Medical Herbalists 56) The Violet Society 57) The American Botanical Council 58) The Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research
1) Nature Herbals 2) Nandan Agro Farms 3) AayurMed Biotech (P) Ltd. 4) Agrigold Farms Catholik Complex 5) Alfredo Leibrecht and Sons 6) AloeLife 7) Amsar Private Limited 8) Annapurna Herbal formulation, Chandan Street, Berhampur 9) Atheva Agro Products 10) Balestra and Mech 11) The Wonder Herbal Formulation, Malpara, Opposite Ramaswamy Temple 12) Anglofrench Herbals 13) Beijing Jingxin Biochemical Products Factory 14) Bharathi Impex 15) Nanda medicinal plants exports
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 17th Apr, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising