Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series : World’s leading Event Organizer
OMICS International has 3 Journals related to Food Science. It has published 342 Open Access articles along with 559 conference proceedings, 20 upcoming conferences related to Food Science. Moreover, around along with 29 symposiums are going to be hosted all across the globe related to Food Science.
Food science is the study of the physical, biological, and chemical makeup of food; and the concepts underlying food processing. It covers all the aspects of food. Food technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe food. Foods have been classified into different groups depending upon the nutritive value, for the convenience of planning diets. Food groups like ‘Basic four’, ‘Basic five’ or ‘Basic seven’ can be used for planning diets as per the convenience. Health is related to the food consumed. To maintain good health, ingesting a diet containing the nutrients in correct amounts is essential. A balanced diet is one which contains different types of food in such quantities and proportions so that the need for calories, proteins, fats, minerals and vitamins is adequately met and a small provision is made for extra nutrients to withstand short duration of leanness. Deficiency of any nutrient affects health of an individual. Food has not only nutrients but also nutraceuticals which prevent degenerative diseases.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more Scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The Conference Series website will provide you list and details about the conferences organized across the globe.
Scope and Importance:
The All Natural Food and Drinks refer to foods and drinks which are minimally processed. The All-natural Food and Drinks market is an alternative to the organic foods or the products labeled as “free from”. The demand from the developed markets such as the U.S., the U.K., and Germany is expected to increase in the coming years. The consumer preferences for foods with non-genetically modified ingredients are compelling the industry to manufacture products free from such ingredients. The heavy lobbying by the people in the U.S. has compelled Food and Drugs Association to redefine labelling of the products with the genetically modified ingredients. The European countries have already banned such products as they are harmful for humans, animals and also environment. Ban and reduced production of such products would support the growth of All Natural Food and Drinks market.
The product segments for All Natural Food and Drinks market include All-Natural Food and Drink and All-natural Food and Drink ingredients. The latter can be further categorized under Natural Flavours, Natural Colours, Natural Sweeteners, Natural Preservatives, Other ingredients and Non-ingredients. Some of the major global companies operating in the market are Nestle, Archer Daniels, Bunge, General Mills, Tyson Foods and Con-Agra Foods.
Meat consumption worldwide has doubled in the last 20 years, and it is expected to double again by 2050.
The global food and beverage industry is growing at 3.5% a year and is expected to be worth more than US$7 trillion by 2016.
Foods and beverages that offer validated health claims account for around US$25 billion of global sales, mainly in the key markets of Japan, the USA and Europe. Levels of food and drink waste by commercial and industrial businesses in the food sector were almost halved down 49%.
The food sector (excluding agriculture) is showing resilience to the economic downturn with an increase of 6.3%. There was a rise of 7.4% in food wholesaling, 4.7% in food manufacturing and 14.6% in non-residential catering. Food retailing changed little at 0.4%.
Longer term, the food sector (excluding agriculture) increased by 48% between while the whole economy increased by 61%. The food sector has less scope for growth as there is a limit to consumer intake capacity and therefore it relies largely on quality improvements.
Spend on food shopping has increased 14% since 2007 and accounted for more than half of spend in the sector in by now.
Fund Allotment to Food Science:
The Institute of Food Research is the only publicly funded research institute for food and health. Food and Health Network (FHN) of the IFR, with over 200 corporate members, engages with the food industry in a collegiate atmosphere.
Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI) brings together over 70 research groups from 18 countries are contributing to this call, which has a budget of €19M of national funding and including a contribution from the European Commission of €4M. It has aim improve the characterization of European food security due to climate change and to enhance adaptation capacity through improvements in modeling of impacts of climate change.
Swedish Food Federation as approximately 800 member companies Production value: 170 billion SEK and Number of employees: 55 000.
Sida is a government agency encourages Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund which provides 200 million dollar private sector fund aim to include research-based agribusiness, renewable energy and rural financial services.
NIH’s SBIR and STTR programs will invest over 750 million dollars into early-stage, health and life science companies
There are other many society that work Food Drink Europe, Food Standard Agency, National Fund for Scientific Research, and many more.
List of Best International Conferences
• 12th Food Technology Conference October 24-26, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
• Food Preservation Conference March 31-April 01, 2016, Atlanta, USA
• Plant Science Conference October 31-November 02, 2016, Baltimore, USA
• 8th Global Food Processing Conference November 09-11, 2015, Dubai, UAE
• 7th Food and Beverages Conference October 08-10, 2015 New Delhi, India
• 9th Food and Beverages Conference July 11-13, 2016, Cologne, Germany
• 2nd Food Safety and Regulatory Measures Conference , June 06-08, 2016, London, UK
• 5th Agriculture Conference June 27-29, 2016, Cape Town, South Africa
• Food Microbiology Conference August 08-10, 2016, Birmingham, UK
• 4th Aquaculture Conference , Sept 29- Oct 1, 2016, London, UK
• 2nd Aquaculture Conference, July 11-13, 2016 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Food Pack Expo, USA
• International Food Safety and Public Health Conference, UAE
• Global Food Expo, Turkey
• 107th AOCS Annual Meeting, USA
• 15th International Cereal and Bread Congress, Turkey
• 4th International Symposium on Gluten-Free Food Products and Beverages, Canada
• Alimentaria Barcelona 2016, Spain
• Food and Hotel Asia 2016 (FHA2016), Germany
• FoodtechPacktech 2016, New Zealand
• IUFoST 18th World Congress, Ireland
List of Associations/Societies
• Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection, Germany
• ISEKI Food Association, Austria
• Institute of Food Research, U.K
• Association of Food Science and Technology of Basque Country, Spain
• Belgian Association of Food Technology, Belgium
• Central Food Research Institute, India
• Centre for Advanced Food Studies, Denmark
• Czech Committee for Food Science and Technology, Czech Republic
• Food research Institute Albania, Albania
• German Federation of Food Science and Technology, Germany
• National Institute for Agriculture Research in Tunis, Tunisia
• Spanish Council for Scientific Research, Spain
• The Institute of Food Science and Technology of Ireland, Ireland
• Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, U.K
• European Food Safety Authority, EU, Italy
• Food Standards Agency, U.K
List of Companies
• Cargill, USA
• Nestle, India
• Archer Daniels Midland, USA
• PepsiCo Inc., USA
• Kraft Foods Inc., USA
• The Coca-Cola Company, USA
• Anheuser-Busch InBev, Belgium
• Tyson Foods Inc., USA
• Unilever Plc/Unilever NV, U.K
• Mars Inc., USA
• SABMiller Plc, U.K
• Kirin Brewery Company Ltd, Japan
• Heineken N.V., The Netherlands
• Lactalis, France
• Asahi Breweries Ltd., Japan
• Associated British Food, U.K
• Diageo Plc, U.K
• Fonterra, New Zealand
• General Mills Inc., USA
• Kellogg Company, USA
• FrieslandCampina NV, The Netherlands
• Vion, The Netherlands
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on January 27, 2023