Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
As per available reports about 4 Relevant Journals, 6 Conference Proceedings, 2 National Symposiums are presently dedicated exclusively to Cholesteatoma and about 5 Open Access Articles are being published on Cholesteatoma.
An abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum is called cholesteatoma. Repeated infections and/or a tear or pulling inward of the eardrum can allow skin into the middle ear. Cholesteatomas often develop as cysts or pouches that shed layers of old skin, which build up inside the middle ear. Over time, the cholesteatoma can increase in size and destroy the surrounding delicate bones of the middle ear leading to hearing loss that surgery can often improve. Permanent hearing loss, dizziness, and facial muscle paralysis are rare, but can result from continued cholesteatoma growth. A large or complicated cholesteatoma usually requires surgical treatment to protect the patient from serious complications. The primary purpose of surgery is to remove the cholesteotoma to eliminate the infection and create a dry ear. A second surgery is sometimes necessary both to ensure that the cholesteatoma is gone as well as to attempt reconstruction of the damaged middle ear bones in an effort to improve hearing. In cases of severe ear destruction, reconstruction may not be possible.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and Importance
Cholesteatoma conference provides a global platform for researchers, academicians and student scientists to manifest their research views in the presence of experts and gain critical insight in the latest trends and advancements in the pharmacotherapy and various approaches in treatments strategies in the field of Otology. Cholesteatoma conference aims to improve the quality of life of individual patients across the globe and decrease the rate of morbidity and mortality due to ear disorders and diseases. Being a center for information exchange and providing a platform for seminars, displays, workshops and various interesting programs such as best poster, young research forum, Cholesteatoma conference contributes towards the enhancement of research in the field of Otology.
Cholesteatoma is a destructive and expanding growth consisting of keratinizing squamous epithelium in the middle ear and/or mastoid process. Although these are not strictly speaking tumours or cancers they can still cause significant problems because of their erosive and expansile properties resulting in the destruction of the ossicles as well as their possible spread through the base of the skull into the brain. They are also often infected and result in chronically draining ears.
The Otology market is expected to grow at 15.21% from a period of 2014-2019 worldwide. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the re-entry of different surgical approaches such as non-invasive and medical devices in the market. The Global Otology market has also been witnessing an increase in the number of product launches and approvals. However, the low public awareness of hearing loss in developing countries could pose a challenge to the growth of this market. As of December 2012, approximately 324,000 people worldwide have received cochlear implants; in the U.S., roughly 58,000 adults and 38,000 children are recipients. The vast majority are in developed countries due to the high cost of the device, surgery and post-implantation therapy.
International symposium and workshops
1. 16th World Congress of Otology, April 30- May2 2015, Brazil
2. 33rd International Symposium on Infection and Allergy of the Nose, 15th International Rhinologic Society, 5th Pan Arab Otology Society joint Meeting 2014 (ISIAN IRS PARS 2014)
3. Singapore Allergy & Otology Course & 2nd SARC FESS Workshop 2015, March 19-22, 2015
List of Best International Conferences
Relevant Society and Associations
1. Lung Disease - American Lung Association
2. Lung diseases - Sleep apnea : Canadian Lung Association
3. Lung Foundation Australia
4. International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, India
5. American Cochlear Implant Alliance
6. American Society for Deaf Children
7. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
8. American association of pulmonologists
9. American society of pulmonary medicine
10. American Lung Association American Thoracic Society
11. Association of pulmonary and critical care medicine
12. British Thoracic Society
13. The Taiwan Society of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
14. The Society of Critical Care Medicine
15. European society of critical care medicine
16. Indian society of critical care medicine
17. Michigan State Medical Society
18. Sleep Apnea | The Lung Association
19. Scoliosis Research Society
20. British Lung Foundation
2. Accredo Therapeutics
3. Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc
4. Bayer HealthCare
5. CRITICAL CARE
6. Cané Medical Technology
7. CVS Caremark
9. Fairview Specialty Pharmacy
10. Gilead Sciences
13. Henry Schein
14. Snap Diagnostics
16. Nicos Group Inc.
17. Bausch & Lomb Instruments
19. Miami Medical
20. Image Stream Medical
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising