Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
As per available reports about 14 relevant Journals, 16 Conferences, 10 National symposiums are presently dedicated exclusively to kawasaki disease and about 11 articles are being published kawasaki disease.
Kawasaki disease, also known as Kawasaki syndrome, lymph node syndrome, and mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome, is an autoimmune disease in which the medium-sized blood vessels throughout the body become inflamed. It is largely seen in children less than five years of age. It affects many organ systems, mainly those including the blood vessels, skin, mucous membranes, and lymph nodes. Its rarest but most serious effect is on the heart, where it can cause fatal coronary artery aneurysms in untreated children. Without treatment, mortality may approach 1%, usually within six weeks of onset. With treatment, the mortality rate is 0.17% in the U.S.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe and Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and importance:
Kawasaki disease is an illness that involves the skin, mouth, and lymph nodes, and most often affects kids under age 5. The cause is unknown, but if the symptoms are recognized early, kids with Kawasaki disease can fully recover within a few days. Untreated, it can lead to serious complications that can affect the Heart. Kawasaki disease is most common among children of Japanese and Korean descent, but can affect all ethnic groups. It is a condition that causes inflammation in the walls of medium-sized arteries throughout the body, including the coronary arteries coronary arteries , which supply blood to the heart muscle.
Signs of Kawasaki disease, such as a high fever and peeling skin, can be frightening. The good news is that Kawasaki disease is usually treatable, and most children recover from Kawasaki disease without serious problems. Kawasaki disease (KD) is an acute febrile vasculitic syndrome of early childhood that, although it has a good prognosis with treatment, can lead to death from coronary artery aneurysm (CAA) in a very small percentage of patients. The disease affects the coronary arteries that supply oxygenated blood to the heart. If the disease affects the coronary arteries, it can lead to severe heart problems including myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle), dysrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm), and aneurysm (weakening and bulging of the artery wall).
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego has received a $2.5 million challenge grant from the Gordon and Marilyn Macklin Foundation to support Kawasaki Disease (KD) research. KD is a disease of young children with 80% of the patients being under the age of 5 years. While the peak age of onset of KD in Japan is 6 to 11 months, it is somewhat higher in the United States (viz.18-24 months)(2,3,8). The condition is uncommon in infants below 3 months of age, but has been known to occur even in neonates (7). The male-to-female ratio is 1.5:1.0. Our data at Chandigarh are, however, somewhat different. We have found that almost 30% of our patients were above 5 years of age (8, 12, and 13).
Country wise analysis for occurrence of Kawasaki Disease:
England—8.39 per 100 000 children under 5 years 5
Australia—9.34 per 100 000 children under 5 years 6
Japan—239 per 100 000 children under 5 years7
Korea—134 per 100 000 children under 5 years
List of Best International Conferences:
1. 6th Clinical Cardiology Conference November 30-December 02, 2015 San Antonio, USA
2. 7th Cardiothoracic Conference March 29-30, 2016 Atlanta, USA
3. 8th Cardiologists Conference July 18-20, 2016 Berlin, Germany
4. Cardiac Nursing Conference May 5-7, 2016 Chicago, USA
5. 2nd Pediatric Cardiology Conference September 22-24, 2016, Las Vegas, USA
8. Healthcare Conference November 09-11, 2015 Dubai, UAE
9. 2nd Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 25-27, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
10. 6th Healthcare and Fitness Conference August 22-24, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
11. Healthcare Conference October 05-07, 2015 New Delhi, India
12. Hypertension Conference, Aug 4-6, 2016, Toronto, Canada
13. 10th Interventional Cardiology Conference, Sept 12-14, 2016, Berlin, Germany
14. Cardiovascular Imaging Conference, Nov 7-9, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
15. Angiology Conference Dec 8-10, 2016,San Antonio, USA
16. Internal Medicine Conference, November 03-05, 2016 Baltimore, Maryland, USA
17. Anesthesia and Intensive Care conference September 12-14, 2016 Phoenix, Arizona, USA
18. 4th Surgery conference October 05-07, 2015 Crowne Plaza, Dubai, UAE
19. 5th Surgery conference October 06-08, 2016 Alicante, Spain
20. 2nd Pain Medicine Conference May 16-18, 2016 San Antonio, USA
21. Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 31-September 02, 2015 Orlando, USA
22. 4th International Congress on Cardiac Problems in Pregnancy (CPP 2016), 27/02/2016 - 01/03/2016, Las Vegas, USA
23. Mayo Clinic Cardiology Update at South Beach: A Focus on Prevention 08 - 21 Jan 2016, Miami Beach, USA
24. Vascular Society Annual General Meeting 11-13, November 2015, UK
25. 2015 Kawasaki Disease Parent Symposium November 14, 2015, USA
26. The 4th International Conference on Prehypertension, Hypertension and Cardio Metabolic Syndrome 03-06 Mar 2016 Venice, Italy
27. World Congress of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Health 04 -07 Jun 2016 Mexico City, Mexico
28. 9th Belgian Heart Rhythm Meeting “Arrhythmias for every Cardiologist” during 8th and Friday 9th October 2015 at Belgium.
Relevant Society and Associations
1. Kawasaki Disease Foundation, USA
2. Kawasaki Disease Canada
3. Japanese Society of Kawasaki Disease
4. Arthritis Foundation, GA , USA
5. National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
6. National Heart Centre Singapore
7. The American Health Information Management Association
8. Association for European Paediatric Cardiology
9. Kawasaki Disease Foundation, India
10. Global Heart Network Foundation
11. The American Academy of Pediatrics
12. Philippine Medical Association
13. Society for Vascular Surgery
14. Canadian Society for Vascular Surgery
15. European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions
16. Egyptian Medical Society of Echocardiography
17. Society of Cardiovascular Anaesthesiologists, Chicago
18. AEPC Association for European Paediatric Cardiology
19. Pediatric Congenital Heart Association’s
20. Asia-Pacific Pediatric Cardiac Society
21. Russian National Congress of Cardiology
22. The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
23. European Society of Hypertension
24. European Atherosclerosis Society
25. The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Foundation, US
26. Congenital Heart Information Network (C.H.I.N.), USA
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising