Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
Binding site is a small region in an enzyme on which the substrate molecules bind and precedes a chemical reaction. This chemical reaction occurs when a substrate attaches with and slots into the binding site of an enzyme. Binding site is found in a 3 dimensional groove of the enzyme, formed with amino acid residues. The residues help in recognition of the substrate. Residues that directly participate in the catalytic reaction mechanism are called binding site residues. After binding site has been involved in a reaction, it can be used again. e.g. the binding site of a substrate to an enzyme is essential to model the reaction mechanism responsible for the chemical changes from substrate to product.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and Importance
When more than one type of ligand can bind to a binding site, competition starts. Binding sites exhibit chemical specificity, which is a measure of the kinds of ligands that will bond, and affinity, which is a measure of the strength of the chemical bond. e.g. of specific type of binding site is the transcription factor binding site present on DNA. Binding sites may exist on antibodies as specifically coded regions that bind antigens based upon their structure. An enzyme molecule has only one binding site, and binding site fits with one particular type of substrate. Enzymes can be denatured by high temperatures or extreme pH values, means that the binding site changes shape and does not fit its substrate molecules. A tighter fit between a binding site and the substrate molecule can lead to increase efficiency of the reaction.
UK science minister David Willetts made an appearance to announce that Imperial will soon host SynbiCITE, an innovation and knowledge centre backed by £24 million from government and industry, which will develop commercial applications for synthetic biology. The UK’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills reckons that the global market for synthetic biology products will top £7 billion by 2016.
OMICS International Organizes 300+ conferences, 500+workshops and 200+symposiums on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 500 open access journals which contains over 30000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.
International symposium and workshops
1) Harsh-Environment Mass Spectrometry Workshop , 13 Sep 2015 → 16 Sep 2015,Baltimore, MD, United States
2) Eastern Analytical Symposium and Exposition, 16 Nov 2015 → 18 Nov 2015, Somerset NJ, United States
3) Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Pittcon 2016, 06 Mar 2016 → 11 Mar 2016, Atlanta, GA, United States
4) 17th International Conference on QSAR in Environmental and Health Sciences, 13 Jun 2016 → 17 Jun 2016, Miami Beach, Florida, United States
• 4th Medicinal Chemistry and Computer Aided Drug Designing Conference, November 02-04, 2015 Atlanta, USA
• 3rd Clinical Pharmacy Conference, December 07-09, 2015 Atlanta, USA
• 8th Pharmaceutics and Novel Drug Delivery Conference, March 07-09, 2016 Madrid, Spain
• Advances in HPLC and Chromatography Techniques Conference, March 17-18, 2016 London, UK
• Materials Chemistry Conference, March 31-April 01, 2016 Valencia, Spain
• Industrial Pharmacy Conference, April 11-12, 2016 Dubai, UAE
• 5th Cosmetology, Trichology and Aesthetic Practices Conference, April 25-27, 2016 Dubai, UAE
• Pharmaceutical Chemistry Conference, August 04-06, 2016 Frankfurt, Germany
• Cheminformatics and System Chemistry Conference, July 14-15, 2016 Brisbane, Australia
• Past and Present Research Systems of Green Chemistry Conference, September 14-16, 2015 Orlando, USA
• CSDD 2015 — International conference on Clinical Sciences and Drug Discovery, 02-04 Nov 2015; Baltimore, Maryland, United States
• 2nd Annual Drug Discovery USA Congress, 29-30 Oct 2015; Boston, United States
• First SQU International Chemistry Conference: Recent Trends in Drug Development, 10-12 Nov 2015; Muscat, Oman
Associations related to Binding Site:
• Canadian Association of Medical Biochemists
• American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
• US Chemistry and Biochemistry departments and association
• American Chemical Society
• Royal Society of Chemistry
• The Electrochemical Society
• Canadian Society for Molecular Biosciences
• American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
• American Institute of Biological Sciences
Companies related to Binding Site:
• Joule Unlimited
• Sapphire Energy
• Synthetic Genomics
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising