Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series: World’s leading Event Organizer
Applied linguistics is an interdisciplinary field of linguistics that identifies, investigates, and offers solutions to language-related real-life problems. Applied Linguistics is concerned with the systematic study of language structure, the acquisition of first and subsequent languages, the role of language in communication, and the status of language as the product of particular cultures and other social groups. A background in linguistics is essential for language teachers, translators, speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and many other language professionals. Applied Linguistics examine the structure of language and its role in communication. They explore how children acquire language and studies how the skills of second-language speakers develop. They also investigate how the social or cultural environment interacts with language. The tradition of applied linguistics established itself in part as a response to the narrowing of focus in linguistics with the advent in the late 1950s of generative linguistics, and has always maintained a socially so accountable role, demonstrated by its central interest in language problems. Although the field of applied linguistics started from Europe and the United States, the field rapidly flourished in the international context.
Applied linguistics first concerned itself with principles and practices on the basis of linguistics. In the early days, applied linguistics was thought as “linguistics-applied” at least from the outside of the field. In the 1960s, however, applied linguistics was expanded to include language assessment, language policy, and second language acquisition. As early as the 1970s, applied linguistics became a problem-driven field rather than theoretical linguistics, including the solution of language-related problems in the real world. By the 1990s, applied linguistics had broadened including critical studies and multilingualism. Research in applied linguistics was shifted to "the theoretical and empirical investigation of real world problems in which language is a central issue." In the United States, applied linguistics also began narrowly as the application of insights from structural linguistics, first to the teaching of English in schools and subsequently to second and foreign language teaching. Major branches of applied linguistics include bilingualism and multilingualism, computer-mediated communication (CMC), conversation analysis, contrastive linguistics, sign linguistics, language assessment, literacies, discourse analysis, language pedagogy, second language acquisition, lexicography, language planning and policy, interlinguistics, stylistics, pragmatics, forensic linguistics and translation.
OMICS Group International Conferences is proud to host around 300 international scientific conferences around the globe to address the current issues and discoveries in the field of Medical, Immunology & Microbiology, Clinical, Material Science, Agri, Food ,Aqua, Neuroscience, Mass media, Business and Management, EEE, Chemistry, Physics, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Nursing and Health care, Pharma, Chemical Engineering and Veterinary sciences. We have largest gathering of the scientific researcher’s community across the globe with hands on expertise in conducting events and scientific sessions such as keynote presentation, oral presentation, poster presentations, worldclass exhibitions, International symposiums highly enriched International workshops which helps our attendees to learn the recent advancement of their topic of interest and also helps in growing the scientific partnership among the participants.
Associations of Applied Linguistics
• International Association of Applied Linguistics
• American Association for Applied Linguistics
• Mexican Association of Applied Linguistics
• Association of Linguistics and Philology Latin America
• Center for Applied Linguistics
• Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics
• Spanish Association of Applied Linguistics
• French Association for Applied Linguistics
• British Association for Applied Linguistics
• Association of Applied Linguistics
• Applied Linguistics Association of Australia
• Southern African Applied Linguistics Association
• Applied Linguistics Association of New Zealand
Conferences on Applied Linguistics
• International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Language Education on 16-Oct-2014 - 18-Oct-2014 in De La Salle University, Philippines.
• Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics: 30th Annual Meeting on 20-Oct-2014 - 21-Oct-2014 in Beer Sheva, Israel.
• Topics in Applied Linguistics: Spoken and Written Interaction from 17-Nov-2014 - 18-Nov-2014 in Opole, Poland.
• 3rd GDUFS Forum on Applied Linguistics from 05-Dec-2014 - 07-Dec-2014 in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.
• 1st National Conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice from 24-Feb-2015 in Kermanshah, Iran.
• Language & Technology: Methods & Environments for Language Learning & Applied Linguistics from 19-Feb-2015 - 21-Feb-2015 in Lecce, Italy.
• 2015 International Conference on Applied Linguistics from 30-May-2015 - 31-May-2015 in Minghsiung, Chiayi, Taiwan.
• Anéla Applied Linguistics Conference 2015 from 22-May-2015 - 23-May-2015 in Egmond aan Zee, Netherlands.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 10th Oct, 2014
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising