Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series Ltd: World’s leading Event Organizer
Substance abuse , also known as drug abuse , and substance use disorder, is a patterned use of a drug in which the user consumes the substance in amounts or with methods which are harmful to themselves or others, and is a form of substance-related disorder. Widely differing definitions of drug abuse are used in public health medical and criminal justice contexts. The exact cause of substance abuse is not clear, with theories including: a genetic disposition; learned from others - or a habit which if addiction develops, manifests as a chronic debilitating disease.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference series website will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and Importance:
When drugs take over our lives, we lose control of who we are, how we behave and what we feel. Many people who have drug abuse problems believe – through sheer force of determination or willpower – that they can overcome the problem themselves. This is almost never the case. Addressing drug abuse problems and overcoming substance abuse without professional assistance is quite difficult
As mentioned, drug abuse effects can be physical, mental and emotional. Substance abuse rehab or treatment can help put a stop the harm that drugs exact on the user. For drug or alcohol abuse problems it is recommended that a clinical evaluation be made to determine the best form of treatment. Addiction treatment services include but are not limited to:
• Initial Clinical Evaluation and Intake
• Alcohol Detoxification Services
• Medically Assisted Treatment
• Individual Counseling and/or Group Therapy
• Recovery Skills Training and Relapse Prevention
Certain risk factors may make the female population vulnerable to substance abuse. A three-year study on women and young girls (aged 8–22) revealed that girls and young women use substances for different reasons than boys and young men. The study found that risk factors such as low self-esteem, peer pressure, and depression make girls and young women more vulnerable to substance use as well as addiction, in that females become dependent faster and suffer the consequences sooner, compared to males. Substance use disorders are complicated illnesses that present unique threats to women's health. Medical research finds that women who consume alcohol, tobacco or other drugs may develop substance use disorders and/or substance-related health problems faster than men. Poor self-esteem is a major issue for most women who develop problems with drugs and alcohol. Substance use, including cigarettes, alcohol and misuse of psychoactive prescription drugs (sedatives, tranquilizers and other drugs that affect the mind or behavior), is also a problem for American women 60 years old and older.
According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), women are more vulnerable to alcohol-related organ damage, trauma and interpersonal difficulties:
• Liver damage: Women develop alcohol-induced liver disease faster than men even if they consume less alcohol. Plus, women are more likely than men to develop alcoholic hepatitis and die from cirrhosis (liver disease).
• Brain damage: Studies of brains via magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) show that women may be more vulnerable to alcohol-related brain damage than men.
• Heart disease: Among heavy drinkers, women develop heart disease at the same rate as men, despite the fact that women consume 60 percent less alcohol than men over their lifetimes.
• Breast cancer: There is emerging evidence of a link between moderate or heavy alcohol consumption and an increased risk for breast cancer.
• Violence: College women who drink are more likely to be the victims of sexual abuse than those who don't. And high school girls who drink are more likely to be the victims of dating violence than those who don't.
• Accidents: After having just one drink, a 140-pound woman reaches a blood alcohol level that increases her • Women are more likely than men to use a combination of alcohol and prescription drugs.
risk of being killed in a single-vehicle crash.
• Women may begin to abuse alcohol and drugs following depression, to relax on dates, to feel more adequate, to lose weight, to decrease stress or to help them sleep at night.
Awareness and acceptance of mental health and substance abuse illnesses have risen in the five years to 2015, contributing to annualized revenue growth of 1.2% in the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers industry. In 2015, revenue is expected to grow 1.7% to $11.9 billion. The U.S. market for substance abuse treatment and diagnosis increased slightly from $2.6 billion in 2007 to $2.7 billion in 2008. It should reach $3.1 billion in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7%.
Pharmaceutical treatments have the largest share of the market, worth $2.4 billion in 2007 and $2.5 billion in 2008. This should reach $2.8 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 2.3%.
Diagnostic testing is the second largest market segment, generating $216.0 million in 2007 and $230.0 million in 2008. This segment is expected to increase at a CAGR 5.9% to reach $307.0 million in 2013
List of Best International Conferences:
1. 2nd Euro Health Care and Fitness Conference
September 26-28, 2016 London, UK
2. Public Health and Nutrition Conference
March 10-12, 2016 Melia Avenida America, Madrid, Spain
3. 4th Obesity and Weight Management Conference
December 07-09, 2015 Atlanta, USA
4. 4th Healthcare Conference
July 18-20, 2016 Brisbane, Australia
5. Intensive and Critical Care Nursing Conference
November 21-23, 2016 Dubai, UAE
6. Forensic Nursing Conference
February 16-18, 2016 San Antonio, USA
7. Trauma and Critical Care Conference
March 07-09, 2016 Madrid, Spain
9. Restorative Medicine Conference
October 27-28, 2016 Chicago, USA
10. Nutrition Conference
October 26-28, 2015 Chicago, Illinois, USA
11. Proteomics and Bioinformatics Conference
September 01-03, 2015 Valencia, Spain
Relevant Society and Associations:
• Mindray Medical International Limited
• Morquip Body Handling System
• MTM Medical
• Narang Enterprises
• Narula Udyog
• ndd Medical Technologies
• Neotec Medical Industries
• NESS Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Systems, Ltd.
• Nihon Kohden
• Nihon Kohden America, Inc.
• NOA Medical .
• Nonin Medical, Inc.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising