Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series Ltd: World’s leading Event Organizer
Ophthalmology is the extension of solution that arrangements with the life systems, physiology and ailments of the eye . An ophthalmologist is an expert in restorative and surgical eye issues. Since ophthalmologists perform operations on eyes, they are both surgical and restorative experts. The expression Ophthalmology originates from the Greek ophthalmos, i.e., "eye" and -λoγία, -logia, i.e., "investigation of, discourse" ophthalmology actually signifies "the art of eyes". As a control, it applies to creature eyes likewise, since the contrasts from human practice are shockingly minor and are connected essentially to contrasts in life systems or commonness, not contrasts in malady forms. Some ordinarily seen infections that a neuro-ophthalmologist may see incorporate optic neuritis, optic neuropathy, papilledema, visual myasthenia gravis, mind tumors or stroke influencing vision, idiopathic intracranial hypertension, unexplained visual misfortune, migraines, diplopia, blepharospasm or hemifacial fit. Some surgical neuro- Ophthalmologist may treat strabismus and perform eye muscle surgeries or optic nerve fenestration surgery for the treatment of idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Other neuro-ophthalmologist may treat blephrospam or hemi facial fit utilizing botulinum poison infusions. Neuro-ophthalmologists are therapeutic specialists who at first have practical experience in either neurology, Ophthalmology, or both, then do subspecialty preparing, through associations, in the corresponding field. They are normally full-time staff on the loose college based medicinal focuses, where they additionally do research and show however may be occupied with private practice. Their referrals may originate from neurologists, Ophthalmologists, endocrinologists, neurosurgeons and Ophthalmology. Neuro-ophthalmologists ordinarily go to sicknesses of the afferent visual framework or the pupillary reflexes.
Importance and scope:
Ophthalmologists 2016 enhances ophthalmic education to improve eye care Institutes like (NIE, Wilmer are involved) Contribute to preservation and restoration of vision around the world. Cataract removal is the most commonly performed ophthalmic surgical operation. Ophthalmology continues to be an attractive field of medicine with great opportunities.
WHO reports that
• 285 million people are estimated to be visually impaired worldwide: 39 million are blind and 246 have low vision.
• About 90% of the world’s visually impaired live in low-income settings.
• 82% of people living with blindness are aged 50 and above.
• Globally, uncorrected refractive errors are the main cause of moderate and severe visual impairment; cataracts remain the leading cause of blindness in middle- and low-income countries.
• The number of people visually impaired from infectious diseases has reduced in the last 20 years according to global estimates work.
• 80% of all visual impairment can be prevented or cured.
The United States eye equipment market, currently valued at $15 billion, is expected to reach a value of $19 billion by 2014. The largest segment of the market, contact lenses, is projected to increase at a CAGR of 3.3%, rising to more than $7.7 billion in 2014, after being valued at nearly $6.6 billion in 2009. The second-largest segment, the ophthalmic surgical market, is estimated at $5.5 billion in 2009, and is expected to increase at a five-year CAGR of 5.9% to reach more than $7.3 billion in 2014. The ophthalmic diagnostics segment is expected to reach $4 billion in 2014, after rising at a CAGR of 5.2% from its 2009 value of nearly $3.1 billion. The aging of the population worldwide will result in a rapid increase in the 65-and-over population by 2030, a population that accounts for the highest incidence and prevalence of eye conditions and diseases.
OMICS International organises 1000+ Global Events every year in Conference series, on Clinical, Medicine, Pharma and Science & Technology every year across USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and UK with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members.
3. 6th Ophthalmologists Conference
May 16-18, 2016 Osaka, Japan.
7. Principles of Operative Treatment of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction
8. European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology (ESASO) Seventh Module: Cornea and Corneal Refractive Surgery
9. 19th Annual Yale Glaucoma Symposium
10. Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Society (OAS) Annual Scientific Meeting 2015
11. Ophthalmology Innovation Summit
12. Italian Society of Ophthalmology National Congress
13. 28th Annual Current Concepts in Ophthalmology
· American Academy of Ophthalmology
· American Society of Ophthalmic Registered Nurses
· European Society of Ophthalmology
· All India Ophthalmological Society
· American Association of Ophthalmology
· Canadian Ophthalmological Society
· The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
· Canadian Cancer Society
· American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
· International Council of Ophthalmology
List of major companies
· ChartLogic, USA
· Optivision2020, Inc., USA
· Armstrong Optical Service Co., USA
· Foresight International, S.A. USA
· K& R Ophthalmic Service, USA
· Bayou Opthalmic Instruments , USA
· Cal Coast Ophthalmic Instruments, USA
· Veatch Ophthalmic Instruments, USA
· Chona Surgucal Company, India
· Jaggi Instruments, India
· Tobii AB
· Otsuka Pharmaceutical Companies Europe
· International Mission of Mercy (IMM)
· Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR)
· Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
· Avella Specialty Pharmacy
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising