Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.
Explore and learn more about Conference Series Ltd: World’s leading Event Organizer
As per available reports about 12 relevant Journals, 15 Conferences, 9 National symposiums are presently dedicated exclusively to heterotaxy syndrome and about 55 articles are being published Heterotaxy syndrome.
Cardio-oncology refers to a clinical subspecialty that is focused on understanding, managing, and treating the possible cardiac side effects—known as cardio toxicity—of cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Over the past few years, cardio-oncology clinics have sprung up in major medical centers across the nation to provide integrated and interdisciplinary care to cancer patients with cardiovascular risks. Most cardio-oncologists are cardiologists who have a special interest and often special training in the cardiac effects of cancer treatments.
OMICS International Organizes 1000+ Global Events Every Year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open access journals which contains over 100000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board and organizing committee members. The conference serieswebsite will provide you list and details about the conference organize worldwide.
Scope and importance:
In heterotaxy syndrome, paired organs, such as the lungs or kidneys, are often mirror images of one another instead of having the unique characteristics of right and left that are normally present.There are different forms of heterotaxy syndrome . All usually involve heart defects, of varying type and severity. In addition, organs such as the stomach, intestines, liver and lungs may be in abnormal places in the chest and abdomen.
The intestines may have malrotation, which is when the loops of bowel are lined up incorrectly. With this problem the bowel can twist on itself (volvulus). Many children with malrotation need abdominal surgery to correct it. Some children with heterotaxy syndrome can have a very serious condition of the liver called biliary atresia. This also may require surgical intervention. There may also be irregularities with the skeleton, central nervous system and urinary tract. In some cases of heterotaxy syndrome , the spleen may not work correctly or may be missing entirely. This can cause many problems, because the spleen helps the body fight infections. When the spleen is missing or doesn’t work correctly, patients have a more difficult time recovering from surgeries or infections (patients with heterotaxy may require multiple surgeries). In some cases, there may be a functioning spleen, but it may be divided into several smaller spleens (polysplenia).Sometimes children with heterotaxy syndrome have dextrocardia syndrome. This means the heart is in the right chest instead of the left chest. The exact cause of Heterotaxy is not known, but the symptoms result from the way that the internal organs turn into position during fetal development. This rotation can be affected by many different factors including: infection, genetics, or exposures to certain chemicals. There are a few reports of families having several members with Heterotaxy, but the exact cause has not been identified yet.
Making the diagnosis of Heterotaxy syndrome involves an ultrasound of the heart (echocardiogram) that will allow a pediatric cardiologist to best see the structures of your child's heart. An (EKG) electrocardiogram is usually done to ensure there are no heart rhythm problems. An x-ray can help to evaluate the heart size and look for what side the abdominal organs and heart are on. The intestines can also be twisted incorrectly and an upper gastrointestinal series should be done to look for this. A liver-spleen scan should also be done to check for a functioning spleen. Finally, a cardiac catheterization procedure may be needed for a more detailed view of the child's heart structures in preparation for corrective surgery.
Collectively, there are approximately 30 million people living with a rare disease in the US and another 3.5 million in the UK. In the PSP group, 12 (13%) patients were elected for termination of pregnancy, 5 (6%) had fetal death (4 with bradyarrhythmia), and 76 of 81 (94%) continued pregnancies were live born. The Global cardiac biomarker market is segmented based on type, application, location of testing and geography. Based on cardiac biomarker type, the market is segmented into Creatine Kinase (CK-MB), Troponins T and I, myoglobin, BNPs, IMA and others. Troponins I and T are the highest revenue-generating segment in the overall cardiac biomarker market due to its prodigious specificity and its ability to accurately detect the cardiac events of Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS).
List of Best International Conferences:
1. 6th Clinical Cardiology Conference November 30-December 02, 2015 San Antonio, USA
2. 7th Cardiothoracic Conference March 29-30, 2016 Atlanta, USA
3. 8th Cardiologists Conference July 18-20, 2016 Berlin, Germany
4. Cardiac Nursing Conference May 5-7, 2016 Chicago, USA
5. 2nd Pediatric Cardiology Conference September 22-24, 2016, Las Vegas, USA
7. 4th Healthcare Conference July 18-20, 2016 Brisbane, Australia
8. Healthcare Conference November 09-11, 2015 Dubai, UAE
9. 8th Healthcare Conference October 13-15, 2016 Dubai, UAE
10. 6th Healthcare and Fitness Conference August 22-24, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
11. Healthcare Conference October 05-07, 2015 New Delhi, India
12. Hypertension Conference, Aug 4-6, 2016, Toronto, Canada
13. 10th Interventional Cardiology Conference, Sept 12-14, 2016, Berlin, Germany
14. Cardiovascular Imaging Conference, Nov 7-9, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
15. Angiology Conference Dec 8-10, 2016,San Antonio, USA
16. Internal Medicine Conference, November 03-05, 2016 Baltimore, Maryland, USA
17. Anesthesia and Intensive Care conference September 12-14, 2016 Phoenix, Arizona, USA
18. 4th Surgery Conference October 05-07, 2015 Crowne Plaza, Dubai, UAE
19. 5th Surgery Conference October 06-08, 2016 Alicante, Spain
20. 2nd Pain Medicine Conference May 16-18, 2016 San Antonio, USA
21. Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 31-September 02, 2015 Orlando, USA
22. 2nd Hospice and Palliative Care Conference August 25-27, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
23. Preceptorship on the management of cardiology from cell to patient, September 1, 2015, Italy
24. The 20th Annual Scientific Session of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, September 17-20, 2015, Washington
25. 3rd Annual International Conference on Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine Research (CCMR 2016), Feb 22, 2016 to Feb 23, 2016, Singapore, Asia
26. 17th Annual Drug Discovery Summit, June 2016 Berlin, Germany
27. 13th International Dead Sea Symposium on Innovations in Cardiac Arrhythmias and Device Therapy, March 6-9, 2016, Tel Aviv.
Relevant Society and Associations
1. Canadian Society of Echocardiography
2. Society of Thoracic surgeons
3. The American Society for Preventive Cardiology
4. Russian Society of Cardiology
5. European Society of Cardiology
6. Cardiological Society of India
7. ESC National Cardiac Societies
8. British Cardiovascular Society
9. AEPC Association for European Paediatric Cardiology
10. The International Society of Cardiology
11. Canadian Cardiovascular Society
12. American College of Cardiology
13. American Society of Clinical Oncology
14. European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO)
15. Coeliac Society of Ireland
16. Korean Society of Cardiology
17. Caribbean Cardiac Society
18. British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
19. Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Early Career Society
20. American Heart Association
21. World Heart Federation
22. Oncology Nursing Society
23. European Society of Gynaecological Oncology
24. Connective Tissue Oncology Society
25. International Cardioncology Society, North America
1. Becton, Dickinson and Company
2. Boston Scientific Corporation
3. Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
4. Eli Lilly and Company
5. Health Discovery Corporation
6. PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
7. UTAK Laboratories Inc.
8. Ion Beam Applications S.A.
9. Best Theratronics Ltd.
10. Trixell S.A.S
11. Canon Inc.
12. Hitachi Medical Corporation
13. Elekta AB
14. Comet AG
15. Accuray Incorporated
16. Mevion Medical Systems, Inc.
17. PerkinElmer, Inc.
18. Philips Healthcare
19. Samsung Electronics America(SEA)
20. Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
This page will be updated regularly.
This page was last updated on 14th Sep, 2015
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8041
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8045, 8047
Immunology & Microbiology Conferences
Nursing and Healthcare Conferences
Clinical and Biochemistry Conferences
1-702-508-5200 Ext:8031, 8037
Material Science Conferences
Genetics & Mol Biology Conferences
Media Partners | Advertising