Importance & Scope:
Geology gives insight into the history of the Earth by providing the primary evidence for plate tectonics, the evolutionary history of life, and past climates. It is commercially important for mineral and hydrocarbon exploration / exploitation as well as for evaluating water resources. It is publicly important for the prediction and understanding of natural hazards and remediation of environmental problems. The science of geology is significant in locating water supplies, mineral resources, understanding the development of life on Earth, developing predictive models for earthquake, volcano, and tsunami activity.
Geology-2015 will lead a remarkable challenge in Geology and its relevant fields. As the geological hazards are a vital issue nowadays, so it’s time to take the best and efficient ways to Geohazard Research and Management. Geology-2015 will bring University Professors, Research Scientists and Students, Eminent persons of different geological association and societies. It will also play an attraction for the Directors, CEOs, Managers of different companies related to geology.
Florida is a state in the southeastern region of the United States. It is the 22nd most extensive, the 4th most populous, and the 8th most densely populated of the 50 United States.Its geography is notable for a coastline, omnipresent water and the threat of hurricanes.One of Florida's most important natural resources has always been its climate. After all, it is nicknamed the "Sunshine State. And is a popular tourist destination for its many beaches, wildlife in areas like the Everglades, large cities such as Miami and theme parks like Walt Disney World. Its economy relies mainly on tourism, agriculture and transportation, which developed in the late 19th century. Florida is also known for its amusement parks, the production of oranges and the Kennedy Space Center.
Florida is a place which has a great scope for geology as there are more than 15 universities and USA having near about 240 universities deals with geology. There are about 12 geological associations and societies in Florida and more than 80 in whole USA. Many industries and companies associated to geology and its relevant fields are in Florida as well as USA.
- Geology and Mineral Resources
- Geophysics and Geochemistry
- Marine Geology
- Tools and Technology in Geology
- Geohazards and Management
- Sedimentology and Costal Process
- Geologic Processes
- Exploration Geology
- Paleontology and Paleobiology
- Structural Geology and Tectonics
Why to attend???
Geology-2015 is mainly focused on some topics like Geo-hazards and Management, Sedimentology & Costal Process, Exploration Geology, Volcanology and Tools & Technology in Geology which have a massive demand now a day. As the geological hazards are a vital issue nowadays, so it’s time to take the best and efficient ways to Geohazard Research and Management. Geology-2015 will place a platform where renowned speakers and scientists across the globe will present their knowledge which will be helpful for the young researchers.
The important features of Geology-2015 are well organized workshops, events and symposia, Poster presentations and world class exhibits, Panel discussions & interactive sessions, Collaborative Research opportunities. So it is a Perfect platform for global networking where new ideas and discoveries in the field of geology is its central objective.
Major Geological Associations around the Globe:
- Australian association of Exploration Geophysicists
- International Association of Cryospheric Sciences (IACS)
- International Association of Geodesy (IAG)
- International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy (IAGA)
- International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS)
- International Association of Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences (IAMAS)
- International Association for the Physical Sciences of the Ocean (IAPSO)
- International Association of Seismology and Physics of the Earth's Interior (IASPEI)
- International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior (IAVCEI)
- British Geophysical Association
- Association of Australasian Paleontologists (AAP)
- European association for Vertebrate Paleontologists
Major Geological Associations in USA:
- Geological Society of America
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- American Geophysical Union
- American Institute of Professional Geologists
- American Rock Mechanics Association
- Association of American State Geologists
- American Association of Stratigraphic Palynologists
- Arizona Geological Society
- American Geological Institute
- Florida Association of Professional Geologists
- Alaska Geological Society
- American Chemical Society - Geochemistry Division
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Association of Applied Geochemists
- American Geosciences Institute
- American Institute of Hydrology
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography
- Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists
- Society for American Archaeology
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Association of Geoscientists for International Development
Statistical Analysis of Associations:
Figure 1: Statistical Analysis of Associations
Professors, Research Scientists and Students of different Universities containing Geological studies.Eminent persons of different Geological Association and Societies. Directors, CEOs, Managers of different companies related to geology from all over the world.
% of Target Audience:
Figure 2: Target Audience from all over the globe
Top Universities in USA:
- University of south Florida
- Florida State University
- Florida Atlantic University
- University of Miami
- University of UTAH
- Yale University
- University of Alabama
- University of Alaska
- University of Arizona
- California State University
- Stanford University
- Columbus State University
Figure 3: Statistics of Geological Universities globally
Industries Associated with Geology:
Industries associated to Geology are mining industries, Oil and gas industries, Coal industries and so on. Also many companies are there in USA and in the globe which deals with Geological products. The Statistics of Industries present in Florida , USA and in International level is given below.
Figure 4: Statistics of Industries
As per the National Geological and Geophysical Data Preservation Program, Survey for funding opportunities is done among different states of USA. From this survey report the total funding amount is $625,993.29.The fund granted to each state of USA is given below.
Figure 5: Statistics of funding Opportunities: (US Geological Survey)
Statistics of Physicians, Researchers and Academicians working on the fields of Geology:
As Geology is mostly academic related, so there are a huge no of Academicians in USA as well as in the whole globe. Around 450 in Florida, 4500 in USA and more than 6000 Physicians, Researchers and Academicians are working on the fields of Geology.
Figure 6: Statistics of Physicians, Researchers and Academicians related to Geology