Integrative Biology 2016 Report
4th International Conference on Integrative Biology was organized during July 18-20, 2016 at Berlin, Germany. The conference was marked with the attendance of Nobel Laureate Prof. Ada Yonath; Editorial Board Members of supporting journals, Scientists, young and brilliant researchers, business delegates and talented student communities representing more than 25 countries, who made this conference fruitful and productive.
This conference was based on the theme “Innovation, Insight and Integration of Future Science” which included the following scientific tracks:
- Cell Biology
- Tissue Biology
- Stem Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Structural Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Systems Biology
- Computational Biology
Integrative Biology-2016 was moderated by Dr. Avinash Patel (Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany) on the first day, by Dr. Tso-Fu Mark Chang (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan) on the 2nd day and by Dr. Jinyan Du (Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA) on the third day.
We are thankful to our Honourable guests for their generous support and suggestions.
- Reiko Kuroda, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- Hans Lehrach, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Germany
- Mark Brönstrup, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Germany
A special session was organized for Nobel Laureate Prof. Ada Yonath (Weizmann Institute, Israel) on her lecture on “Novel antibiotics against species-specific resistance, microbiome conservation and environmental preservation”.
The conference proceeded through various scientific sessions and plenary lectures, of which the following topics were highlighted as Keynote presentations:
- Virtualized drug development for (truly) personalized drug therapy: Hans Lehrach, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Germany
- The retinoic acid receptor controls the mechanobiology in pancreatic stellate cells to suppress matrix remodeling and inhibit cancer cell invasion: Armando del Rio Hernandez, Imperial College London, UK
- Structural basis of pre-mRNA splicing: Reinhard Lührmann, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Germany
- Chemical biology directed to anti-infective drug discovery: Mark Brönstrup, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Germany
- How is the chirality information transferred during the mollusk development?: Reiko Kuroda, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
Various sessions were chaired and co chaired by: Anja Nohe, University of Delaware, USA, Jamila Chakir, Laval University, Canada, Michael Kolbe, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Germany, Alexei V Finkelstein, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia, Mahmoud Rouabhia, Laval University, Canada and Bernard Korzeniewski, Jagiellonian University, Poland.
ConferenceSeries LLC has taken the privilege of felicitating Integrative Biology-2016 Organizing Committee, Editorial Board Members and Keynote Speakers who supported for the success of this conference.
The esteemed guests, keynote speakers and researchers shared their innovative research and vast experience through their informative presentations at the podium of Integrative Biology-2016. We are glad to inform that all accepted abstracts for the conference have been published in Journal of Biological Systems: Open Access as a special issue.
We are also obliged to various experts, company representatives and other eminent scientists who supported the conference by facilitating the discussion forums. We sincerely thank the Organizing Committee Members for their gracious presence, support, and assistance. With the unique feedback from the conference, ConferenceSeries LLC would like to proudly announce the commencement of the "5th International Conference on Integrative Biology" to be organized during June 19-21, 2017 at London, UK.