Food Technology-2015 Report
Food Technology-2015 Past Conference Report
OMICS International successfully hosted the 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Food Processing & Technology during August 10-12, 2015 at Crowne Plaza Heathrow, London, UK. The essence of the conference was mainly based on the theme “Food Technology: Trends and Strategies for Innovation of Sustainable Foods”. The conference was successful in gathering eminent speakers from various reputed organizations and their paramount talks enlightened the gathering.
Food Technology-2015 was marked by the attendance of Editorial Board Members of supported Journals like Journal of Food Processing & Technology, Fermentation Technology and Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences. Many Scientists, young and brilliant Researchers, Business Delegates and talented Student Communities representing more than 30 countries made this conference fruitful and productive driving the three-day event into the path of success with thought provoking keynote and plenary presentations.
The 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Food Processing & Technology covered the following scientific sessions and discussions:
- Breaking Innovations in Food Science World
- Food Safety, Preservation, Quality Standard and Systems Management
- Food Processing and Packaging Technologies
- Nutrition and Nutritional Management
- Food and Public Health
- Application of Food Technology
- Nutritional Deficiencies and Nutraceuticals
- Sustainable Food Security
- Food Nanotechnology
- Food Biotechnology
During the above mentioned sessions, there were several eminent speakers who presented enlightening and informative parlances in the International Workshops & Symposia of the Food Technology-2015 as below:
- Malcolm Elliott, from The Norman Borlaug Institute for Global Food Security, UK, delivered a lecture on “Food safety, security and sustainability: The 21st century challenge”.
- Christopher Smith, from MMU, UK & Sergei Eremin, from Moscow State University, Russia, together enlightened the attendees on the topic “AgriFood antibodies - Immunoassays for food safety and quality control”.
- Gabriela Riscuta, from National Cancer Institute, USA, talked about “Fermented food and possible health consequences”.
- Michael O’Mahony, from University of California, USA, clarified on the “Illusions, misperceptions and false food preferences caused by the brain”.
- Ozlem Tokusoglu, from Celal Bayar University, Turkey, gave and insightful rendition on “Folic acid (B9) fortification strategies by innovative microencapsulation”.
- Mirjana Menkovska, from Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia, presented the topic of “Cereal dietary fibre perspectives on sustainable food and nutrition”.
- Ian Watson, from University of Glasgow, UK, gave an educative explanation on “Real time detection of bacteria for improved decontamination for the food industry”.
Food Technology-2015 also comprised of three International Pre-conference Workshops as mentioned below:
- Pre-conference workshop on “Innovative technologies for advanced food processing and nutrition towards better health” during May 29-30, 2015 at Congress Center, Ohrid under the supervision of Dr. Mirjana Menkovska, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia.
- Pre-conference workshop on “Innovation and safety of foods and beverages” during June 2-3, 2015 at Congress Center of Technological Educational Institute of Athens under the guidance of Dr. John Tsaknis, Dean of the Faculty of Food Technology and Nutrition, TEI of Athens, Greece.
- Pre-conference workshop on “Frontiers in food science for feeding the world” on June 15, 2015 at Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment, University of Pisa, Italy by Dr. Francesca Venturi and Dr. Angela Zinnai, Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment, University of Pisa, Italy.
We congratulate our winners of the Poster Competition
- Woo Duck Seo, Crop Foundation Division, Republic of Korea
- Beste Bayramoglu, Izmir Institute of Technology, Turkey
- Hee Do Hong, Korea Food Research Institute, Korea
- Selen Guner, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
We also would like to congratulate the winner of Young Research Forum, Abdulmannan Fadel, from MMU, UK, which was sponsored by Aggelakis S. A., Greece.
We would like to sincerely thank our Scientific Advisor Prof. M. S. Swaminathan (First World Food Laureate, 1987) and our Conference Chair Dr. Ozlem Tokusoglu, Celal Bayer University, Turkey and Conference Co-Chair Dr. Christopher Smith, University of Chester, UK, for their remarkable contribution towards the smooth functioning of Food Technology-2015. We are obliged to the various delegate experts, institutes and other eminent personalities who actively took part in the discussion and meetings.
We extend our special thanks to the Hellenic Association of Food Technologists, Greece and The Association of Food Technology, Turkey, for their support in accomplishing this event successfully.
With the feedback from the participants and supporters of Food Technology-2015, OMICS International is glad to announce 15th International Conference and Exhibition on Food Processing & Technology (Food Technology - 2016) during November 07-09, 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey.
Let us meet again @ Food Technology-2016