Addiction Therapy-2014 Report
The 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Addiction Research & Therapy was organized by OMICS Group Inc., during August 4-6, 2014 at Hilton Chicago, Northbrook, USA. With the support and contribution of the Committee Chairmen, Dr. Kenneth Blum and Dr. Rajendra Badgaiyan, we successfully hosted the event at the conference venue. Active participation and generous response was received from the Organizing Committee Members, Editorial Board Members of OMICS Group Journals, scientists, researchers, as well as experts from addiction medicine and rehabilitation, Non-government organizations, and students from diverse groups who made this conference as one of the most successful and productive events in 2014 from OMICS Group. We are proud to announce that the prestigious addiction organizations like Dominion Diagnostics Inc., USA; American Academy of Health Care Providers in Addiction Disorders, USA; and PARfessionals, USA supported the event being official sponsor partners and put forward their contributions for the grand success of this event.
The conference was marked with the attendance of young and brilliant researchers, business delegates and talented student communities representing more than 35 countries, who have driven this event into the path of success.
The conference was initiated with a warm welcome note from Honorable guests and the Keynote forum lead by Dr. Sudhakar Yakkanti, honorable President, OMICS Group Inc. The proceedings went through interactive sessions and panel discussions headed by Dr. Kenneth Blum, University of Florida, USA and Dr. Rajendra Badgaiyan, University of Buffalo, USA honorable Moderator for the conference.
The conference proceedings were carried out through various Scientific-sessions and plenary lectures, of which the following topics were highlighted as Keynote-presentations:
- Genetic addiction risk score (GARSrx™), comprehensive analysis of reported drugs (CARD™) dopamine agonist therapy (kb220z™) - Dr. Kenneth Blum, University of Florida, USA & Dr. Mary P. Hauser, Dominion Diagnostics, USA
- Dopaminergic neuroimaging across the brain - Dr. Rajendra Badgaiyan, University of Buffalo, USA
- The role of the DRD2 gene, impulsivity and expectancies in severe alcohol dependence - Dr. Jason Connor, University of Queensland, Australia
- Brain reward functional connectivity during resting state in animal models - Dr. Marcelo Febo, University of Florida, USA
- Neuroepigenetics and alcoholism - Dr. Subhash C Pandey, University of Illinois, USA
- Using brain imaging to identify new targets and strategies for addiction treatment - Dr. Kelvin Lim, University of Minnesota, USA
- Pain and addiction - Dr. William S. Jacobs, University of Florida, USA
- Coupling 12 Steps Program and Fellowship with Molecular Neurobiology: Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water - Dr. John Femino, American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), USA
- Neurobehavioral challenges in recovery: Exploring their breadth & treatment implications - Dr. Sara J. Nixon, University of Florida, USA
- Neuroimaging of reward deficiency syndrome: Chronic stress and behavioral addiction findings - Dr. Igor Elman, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Peripheral and central mechanisms of Methamphetamine neurotoxicity: Connecting the dots - Dr. Bryan K. Yamamoto, University of Toledo, USA
- Comprehensive holistic approaches in addiction medicine- Dr. John J. Giordano, The National Institute Of Holistic Addiction Studies, USA
- Behavioral Interventions compared to Medical Only Interventions for Substance Use Disorders - Dr. Kathy Sexton-Radek, Elmhurst College, USA
Also, the conference proceeding was encouraged through the wonderful symposium by Dr. Subhash C Pandey, University of Illinois, USA chair of the session on the title as ”Molecular and Epigenetic basis of Alcoholism” with his eminent research team including Dr. Amul J. Sakharkar, Dr. Amy W. Lasek, Dr. David P. Gavin & Mark S. Brodie all from the same department of University of Illinois, USA.
A workshop session on “Bringing it all together: Valuing the expertise of lived experience of recovery from a multicultural perspective” organized by, Ms. Jorea Kelley Hardison, Founder, PARfessionals Peer Advocates For Recovery, USA. Ms. Deb Hamilton from Dominion Diagnostics Inc., USA introduced various addiction testing & treatment strategies in the form of exhibition presentation at the venue.
OMICS Group has taken the privilege of felicitating Addiction Therapy-2014 Organizing Committee, Editorial Board Members and Keynote Speakers who supported for the success of this event. OMICS Group, on behalf of the conference exhibitors congratulates the Best Poster awardees for their outstanding performance in the field of Addiction Research & Therapy and appreciates all the participants who put their efforts in poster presentations and sincerely wishes them success in future endeavors.
The esteemed guests, Keynote speakers, well-known researchers and delegates shared their innovative research and vast experience through their fabulous presentations at the podium of grand Addiction Therapy-2014. We are glad to inform that all accepted abstracts for the conference have been indexed in OMICS Group Journal of Addiction Research & Therapy as a special issue. Basing on the conference theme, "Integrating Innovations & Advanced Technologies in Prevention and Treatment of Reward Deficiency Syndrome” speakers recommended organizing the conference in the field of Addiction Research and Therapy also in the next year.
We are also obliged to various delegate experts, company representatives and other eminent personalities who supported the conference by facilitating active discussion forums. We sincerely thank the Organizing Committee Members for their gracious presence, support, and assistance towards the success of Addiction Therapy-2014. With the unique feedback from the conference, OMICS Group would like to announce the commencement of the "4th International Conference and Exhibition on Addiction Research & Therapy" to be held during August 03-05, 2015 at Florida, USA.