Addiction Therapy-2013 Report
The 2nd International Conference and Exhibition on Addiction Research & Therapy was organized by OMICS Group Inc., during July 22-24, 2013 at Embassy Suites Las Vegas, USA. Active participation and generous response was received from the Organizing Committee Members, Editorial Board Members of OMICS Group Journals, scientists, researchers, as well as experts from addiction medicine and rehabilitation, Non-government organizations, and students from diverse groups who made this conference as one of the most successful and productive events in 2013 from OMICS Group. We are proud to announce that prestigious addiction organizations like International Society of Addiction Medicine (ISAM), Finland; Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC), USA; and Recovery Coach Service (RCS) supported the event being official partners and put forward their contributions for the grand success of this event.
The conference was marked with the attendance of young and brilliant researchers, business delegates and talented student communities representing more than 25 countries, who have driven this event into the path of success.
The conference was initiated with a warm welcome note from Honorable guests and the Keynote forum lead by Dr. Sudhakar Yakkanti, honorable President, OMICS Group Inc. The proceedings went through interactive sessions and panel discussions headed by Mr. Lucious Conway, Recovery Coach of New York Services, USA; honorable Moderator for the conference.
The conference proceedings were carried out through various Scientific-sessions and plenary lectures, of which the following topics were highlighted as Keynote-presentations:
- Reward Deficiency Solution System™ (RDSS): Changing the landscape of treatment and relapse prevention for all addictions utilizing evidence-based research in humans and animal models- Dr. Kenneth Blum, University of Florida, USA
- Gene modulation by transcription factor proteins and micro RNA in living brains after Amphetamine- Dr. Philip K. Liu, Mass General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, USA
- Treating insomnia in alcohol-dependent patients- Dr. Kirk J. Brower, Michigan University, USA
- Creating hope: The key to effective addiction treatment- Dr. Constance Scharff, Cliffside Malibu, USA
- Self-directed, wellness-driven, emotional disposition therapy in individuals with substance use disorder- Mr. Lucious Conway, Recovery Coach of New York Services, USA
- International aspects of addiction- Dr. Gregory Bunt, ISAM, USA
- Closer together further apart-The effect of digital technology on sex, dating and relationships- Dr. Robert Weiss, Elements Behavioral Health, USA
Also, the conference proceeding was encouraged through the wonderful workshop session on “Appi-fying Addictions” organized by, Ms. Peggy Shaughnessy, Founder, White Path Consulting, Canada. Ms. Conee Spano from The BioMat Company, USA introduced various addiction recovery techniques & treatment strategies in the form of exhibition presentation at the venue.
OMICS Group has taken the privilege of felicitating Addiction Therapy-2013 Organizing Committee, Editorial Board Members and Keynote Speakers who supported for the success of this event. OMICS Group, on behalf of the conference exhibitors congratulates the Best Poster awardees for their outstanding performance in the field of Addiction Research & Therapy and appreciates all the participants who put their efforts in poster presentations and sincerely wishes them success in future endeavors.
The esteemed guests, Keynote speakers, well-known researchers and delegates shared their innovative research and vast experience through their fabulous presentations at the podium of grand Addiction Therapy-2013. We are glad to inform that all accepted abstracts for the conference have been indexed in OMICS Group Journal of Addiction Research & Therapy as a special issue. Basing on the conference theme, "Exploring the Latest Research Advancements that are Shaping Addiction Treatment” speakers recommended organizing the conference in the field of Addiction Research and Therapy also in the next year.
We are also obliged to various delegate experts, company representatives and other eminent personalities who supported the conference by facilitating active discussion forums. We sincerely thank the Organizing Committee Members for their gracious presence, support, and assistance towards the success of Addiction Therapy-2013. With the unique feedback from the conference, OMICS Group would like to announce the commencement of the "3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Addiction Research & Therapy" to be held during August 04-06, 2014 at Chicago/ Northbrook, USA.